1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Automatic parking option

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by subarutoo, Oct 26, 2006.

1. subarutoo

subarutoo New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Did anybody see the Lexus ads last night bragging about the automatic parallel park feature? It has been a Prius option for a while in non-US markets. The common thought is that it was too much of a legal liability to offer to sue-happy US buyers. Maybe the Lexus product planners figure that Lexus drivers can afford better lawyers than poor Prius drivers, and therefore deserve the option. I don't really want it, just find it interesting, both in operation, and how it is being marketed to US. Tha ads I saw ran 3 or 4 times during the "9" show on ABC.

2. eagle33199

eagle33199 Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    No, they just figure they can milk it for more money in the US... start off by offering it on the luxury brand, charging an arm and a leg, and when it gets to other Toyota cars, people will be happy to pay a lot for it because it's a "luxury" feature.

3. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    I saw it as a video news item on Yahoo. It said that Popular Mechanics is giving Lexus an award for the innovation. Kinda funny, one of the cars shown in the demo was a Japanese Prius.

4. harper42

harper42 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(aaf709 @ Oct 26 2006, 12:41 PM) [snapback]338809[/snapback]</div>
    Since Prius has this option in other countries, and Lexus is now going for it in the USA, what's the likelyhood that we might have this in the 2009, greatly improved Prius?