1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

(Automoblog) 2010 Toyota Prius Review

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by Tideland Prius, Sep 12, 2009.

1. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Have you ever seen the South Park episode “Smug Alert,†in which the whole town of South Park buys hybrid cars? Despite the car’s zero emissions, the hybrid owners are so smug about their cars, they end up spewing out tons of emissions in the form of “self-satisfied garbage†which rivals that of San Francisco. This seems to be the general consensus of non-hybrid owners. Hybrid owners are cocky, smug, and slow drivers that think they’re better than everyone else on the road - I’ve heard it a hundred times.

2010 Toyota Prius Review | Automoblog.net

2. jay_man2

jay_man2 jay_man_also

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    " It’s far from exciting to drive; a downright bore, honestly, but it’s not supposed to be exciting."

Bull. I find it very exciting, like a video game, racking up mpg points. :p

3. hampdenwireless

hampdenwireless Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Its not the worst review! There are a couple errors of course like ...
    "A new 1.8-liter 4-cylinder gas engine and two electric motors (one for propulsion and one for powering the electrical systems) help the 2010 Prius achieve a power output of 134 hp"

The two electric motors work together to power the car not just one, the second one does not just generate.

To me the last part about cocky and pretentious is the worst part. I mean after all... can't that same dumb stereotyping stuff be done for almost any kind of performance or luxury car?

The one part of the article that is a step forward... the 54mpg city part. Most car reviews report really bad mpg!

4. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yeah, well these driver types would consider a Mazda 3 hatchback more exciting to drive and a Mazdaspeed3 really exciting. But, have you ever sat in one of those? Should you need to get 4 adults into a Mazda 3 hatch, everyone better be under 5'6" tall, or they'll all be squirming in 20 minutes. Interior room of a Mazda 3 hatchback is rather terrible.

3rd Gen Prius is quite good for 4 adults.