1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

AUX BOX install

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by nattyz, Mar 5, 2006.

1. nattyz

nattyz New Member

I am trying to take out my radio/HU on my 2004 prius. I want to add an AUX input for mp3. I have seen mention of a great guide done by a user here named kan1s (sp?) formerly located here : http://www.chrisdragon.com/prius/

The problem is the guide is offline; does anyone still have the guide saved and would it be possible to re-upload it or mail it to me?

Any other good guides for prius radio removal?

Thank you.

2. brettray

brettray New Member

3. nattyz

nattyz New Member

ahh, thank you, i had lost hope...thought no one knew what i was talkin about or no1 still had the file.

i already dove in and found a way to get @ the HU from the side w/ out removing the whole thing.

my aux-box should get here 2morrow. i'll update if any1 cares.

thanx again brett

4. nattyz

nattyz New Member

aux-box works well (aside from the known issue when switching back to cd--i.e. having to re-boot the car). but i must say that PAC is a cheap nice person company, charging you for cables that come with most other similar, lower priced products. so i ordered the AB-TOY cable (as said to "positively" work in the sticky thread in this forum) from them, only to find that it is wrong for the prius. with this cable you also need a harness aka Toyota Part# 08695-00370 ($20 from toyota dealer <_< ) to connect to the prius HU.

thankfully i already had this harness left over from a USA-SPEC installation in my tundra, which they include for free with thier version of an aux input; not to mention the USA-SPEC was like $20 cheaper than the PAC product. too bad the USA-SPEC doesnt work w/ prius.

other than PAC being a greedy company, overall it works well w/ an mp3 player. dont forget your GLI if you use DC power @ same time.

over all cost w/ cables, GLI, etc. ~$100, much cheaper than the VAIS, and more usable IMO.