1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

AUX BOX preamp needed?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by JEBster, Jun 4, 2007.

1. JEBster

JEBster New Member

Greetings!

I'm using a AUX BOX to run a iRiver MP3 player thru my factory non-JBL system ('05 Prius). I'm noticing that the volume for the mp3 player is significantly lower than the radio or CD player sources. I'm usually at 55 on the volume control to get resonable voilume.

The folks at PAC had me flip a couple dip switches on the AUX BOX to increase output, but that didn't make much of a difference.

So, wondering if anyone has any suggestions on how to increase the level coming out of the AUX BOX? I am running the iRivier at full volume. Thinking that I would need a preamp of some sort, but have been unable to find anything myself. Appreciate any insight!

2. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

I had the same problem with my iPod- sound was acceptable, but I had to turn the volume up over 50. I found that using a Belkin power adapter with audio out gave it sufficient boost, but then I had a problem with noise. Ruuning a cable from the Belkin unit to a ground-loop fileter, and then into the aux jack, solved that problem. A bit more complex than just plugging directing from the iPod into the jack, but it gives me good volume without noise. This won't work for you, unfortunately, but I would think that you could find a similar device for the iRiver.

3. JEBster

JEBster New Member

larkinmj, thanks for the reply. I wish I had bought a iPod instead of an iRiver :p

I think I'm going to try this devise:
    http://www.cardomain.com/item/PIELD1

I'll post up after the install if it works.

4. naterprius

naterprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid