1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Aux cable for Sirius..

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Jeffrey99, May 24, 2006.

1. Jeffrey99

Jeffrey99 New Member

I just bought me a Sirius Starmate...was planning on installing it right below the cd changer...but it's just a tad too big for that...so gonna have to try and invent someway to install it there..but anyway was just wondering if there was any special kind of cable I need to to hook it up to the Aux jack in the center console?I'd like to see which one sounds better and if there is much of a difference. Just wanting to make sure I don't need any special cable to do it..

2. mike_m

mike_m New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jeffrey99 @ May 24 2006, 09:35 PM) [snapback]260664[/snapback]</div>

The "Exact Visor" unit is much smaller. I have it in my CTS getting ready to go in the Prius. I used the suction cups to mount at the top of the windshiled behind the visor. It can't be seen from the outside and it's very compact. I think it was 50 bucks at Best Buy.

3. keydiver

keydiver New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jeffrey99 @ May 24 2006, 09:35 PM) [snapback]260664[/snapback]</div>
    My Sirius receiver uses a standard 3.5mm (1/8") stereo jumper, which you can buy at any electronics store, Circuit City, even Wallmart. I think you'll find that the AUX sound is MUCH better than the FM modulated sound, which is limited to 100-15khz, or something like that.