1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Aux jack location

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by andybean, May 11, 2006.

1. andybean

andybean New Member

Hello. I bought my first Prius this afternoon and want to hook my ipod up to the aux jack. Unfortunately, I can't find where it's located. Can someone help?

Thanks,
    Andy

2. darelldd

darelldd Prius is our Gas Guzzler

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(andybean @ May 11 2006, 08:25 PM) [snapback]253919[/snapback]</div>
    Open the center console (arm rest) and at the front of it, you'll find the Aux jack and 12V outlet.

In the meantime, crack open the owners manual. This stuff is all in there... though it can be some dry reading!

3. subarutoo

subarutoo New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Not all options have the aux jack. If you can't find it in the console, check your option level. I know you have option 7, but somebody else may be looking for a non-existant aux jack someday.

4. andybean

andybean New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(subarutoo @ May 12 2006, 12:41 PM) [snapback]254278[/snapback]</div>

Thanks to both posts for the help. I looked in there yesterday and didn't see it, but after the first response on the board today I made a more rigorous search. Kind of hidden in there, but there it is. I'll see about the Coastal Electronic ipod kit when it's available, but will use the jack in the meantime...