1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

AUX plug

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by cyberpriusII, Jan 9, 2012.

1. cyberpriusII

cyberpriusII Prodigyplace says I'm Super Kris

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Drove some relatives around during the holidays. One commented on the placement of the AUX plug (inside the center console), which necessitates slamming the lid down on the cord when I use my IPOD.

I thought about it after it was pointed out and agreed it is pretty dumb.....or am I missing something???:confused:

2. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I haven't needed to "slam" it down but to me, there seems be enough clearance around the sides so that the cable isn't pinched. I use my iPod Classic or iPhone 4 via aux cable all the time.

Adric likes this.
  3. tanglefoot

tanglefoot Whee!

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I've noticed plenty of cord clearance just to the left or right of the latch for the console lid.

I like having the connector inside. That way, when I park, I can just open the lid, throw in the whole iPod and cord and close it to completely hide everything without having to unplug anything.

4. stevemcelroy

stevemcelroy Active Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I like it - it means that my ipod is typically in the center console with all of the cords when I'm parked - if the jack were some other place I'd either be unplugging it all of the time to hide the ipod, or leaving it in place and in plain sight running from the aux jack to where ever I hid the ipod.