1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

AUX Port and MP3 Player Question

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by prius2006rocks, Dec 15, 2005.

1. prius2006rocks

prius2006rocks New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I can't wait to get my 06' Prius! For those that already have an 06'or are familiar with the AUX port in the center console, I was wondering how I would connect my new Ipod to the car. What type of cord do you need - one with speaker jack connectors on both ends? If so, where do you find that? I had trouble tracking one down. Thanks so much! :)

2. DocVijay

DocVijay Active Member

Yes, you need a double ended hadphone jack. They should be easy to find. try your local Radio Shack. Just ask. If they don't have them in stock they will likely be able to order you one.

3. AlphaTeam

AlphaTeam Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I got one right before I picked up my car. I had it at the dealer and the saleman asked what that was for...my ipod of course.

4. prius2006rocks

prius2006rocks New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Thanks everyone!!! :)

5. deh2k

deh2k New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I recommend something like this:

Auto Kit for iPod w/ Dock Connector

It has two advantages over the plain headphone jack adaptor. It will power the iPod so you'll never run out of juice. It also connects to the line-out of the iPod which has higher fidelity and is not affected by its volume setting.

6. deh2k

deh2k New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I forgot to mention that you'll still need that same male-to-male 1/8" stereo audio cable.

7. DocVijay

DocVijay Active Member

I agree, this is a better option for connecting the iPod. I believe the 2006 still has the 12V socket in there too, so no wires dangling out anywhere.

...and yes, the same cable we discussed is still needed, so you could just get the Belkin part later.

8. asyvertsen

asyvertsen New Member

www.sik.com

they sell a cable called the imp. This plugs into the port in the bottom of your ipod. You still need the same double male end headphone cable but you don't have to go through the ipod amplifier. This cable also comes with the a charger-- so you can play and charge you ipod. I highly recommend it-- you will probably notice better sound quality too.