1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Aux port in Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by tjamscad, Dec 17, 2013.

1. tjamscad

tjamscad New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    I have a 2009 Prius with the Aux port in the center console. It has stoped working unless you jiggle the cable. Where can I get a replacement other than the $126 the dealer wants?

2. 69shovlhed

69shovlhed Surly tree hugger

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
  3. Zedhomme

Zedhomme Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I checked a couple online Toyota parts stores and they want about $92 for it, part number

I had mine in my 2007 replaced under warranty because of excessive noise. I know they needed to keep it all day. You have to take the whole console apart. A real PITA.
    I would consider an aftermarket adapter, especially if you use it with an iPod. After I had the port replaced, I got a USA Spec PA20-TOY iPod adapter I installed myself and the sound quality is much better, digital quality and the iPod sits out of sight in the glove box. I never even have to touch it except when I take it inside to add songs.
    Cost is about the same as a replacement AUX port and much easier to install.

4. walpoleauto

walpoleauto Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Try rockauto, ebay, or amazon.

5. El Dobro

El Dobro A Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model: