1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

AUX2CAR display problem

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by paulccullen, Nov 15, 2006.

1. paulccullen

paulccullen New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Can you help me?

I have a 2005 Prius with Package #5 and external 6CD changer in the lower slot. I've just connected my MP3 player to my Prius stereo using the AUX2CAR and PXHTY3 cable.

I unplugged the existing cable from the CD Changer port at the back of the stereo, and using the PXHTY3 cable, connected the AUX2CAR is inline between the stereo and the changer.

Problems:

1. My MP3 player now plays thru the car stereo when DISC is selected, which is good. BUT I cannot select between the AUX2CAR and external CD changer. They both output sound together (sounds confusing).

2. When I select DISC, then go to any on-audio mode (Energy/Consumption, Climate, Info etc) the MFD displays "CD Changer - NO DISC" at the top of the screen. (unless I actually put a CD in the changer, but this causes both CD and MP3 to play together. See #1.)

Has anybody done this (installed an AUX2CAR with the external CD changer present?) and can offer some help?

Thanks!

2. paulccullen

paulccullen New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Additional information.

The MFD message alternates between "CD CHANGER - NO DISC" and "CD CHANGER - DISC 1 TRACK 1" (about one second for each). It is this alternating message that keeps it displaying on the MFD.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(paulccullen @ Nov 15 2006, 12:12 PM) [snapback]349694[/snapback]</div>

3. PriusInsight

PriusInsight New Member

I believe the AUX2Car is NOT compatible with the external 6 disk changer... only with the internal single disk changer.

I also think that the Disk 1 Track 1 mode is the actual AUX IN audio.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(paulccullen @ Nov 15 2006, 05:12 PM) [snapback]349694[/snapback]</div>

4. paulccullen

paulccullen New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Problem solved (sort of). I played with the dip switches, and by setting #8 opposite to the specified Toyota settings, the annoying CD CHANGER message went away while in non-audio modes on the MFD.

The 6CD changer and AUX2CAR (MP3 player) still share the same channel (I can't switch between them) but both work. And the display works correctly for the changer. So I have a solution I can live with. :D