1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Availability of color combos

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by cbmac, Mar 22, 2005.

1. cbmac

cbmac New Member

I am finally near the head of the line but was just told by a dealer that even though Toyota's web site lists ivory/beige interior as an option with the white exterior, that combination of interior and exterior colors is not available unless you get a package 6. Is this correct?

I want a package 1 or 3 with a white exterior and ivory/beige interior. Does anyone know of these option combos selling recently, especially in Southern California especially San Diego? I am willing to wait a little longer to get what I want. But if it's truly not available, I'll have to cook up a Plan B. I am on several dealers' lists. One of the dealers sounded certain of the unavailability of the option combo I want. Another dealer said he thought the combo was still being made but hadn't seen it in a long time.

Thanks.

2. Widdletink

Widdletink Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE

That sounds like a load of fertilizer to me. What that translates to in "dealerspeak" is... "We are not slated to get that combo and want to make this sale so maybe if we tell them that they HAVE to get the package 6 to get it they will spring for the higher priced version."

Granted, I have not seen that many package 1's or 3's total but I have seen white/tan-ivory in a package 3. Call Claremont Toyota in Claremont California and ask for Dave in Fleet Sales (Tell him Tisza sent you) or try Diane at Carson Toyota and maybe you might have better luck getting what you want. Both dealerships have been offering these cars since practically the beginning (from my understanding) and that might enable them to better service your desires.

I got my car from Claremont Toyota and Dave there was kind enough to hang on to my Silver Package 3 for a week and a half while I made up my mind that silver was better for me (because of the dark interior) than Salsa. He didn't even put the car on the main lot. I saw it for the first time a week and a half after it had arrived in their posession and it still had all the traveling plastic wrap on it and only 2 miles on the ODO.

In the meantime, if I run across any white with ivory 1's or 3's (I can't resist stopping a Toyota dealerships and seeing what they have in stock) I will post here.

Good luck,

Tisza