1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Discussion in 'PriusChat Website Questions' started by Charles Suitt, May 10, 2007.

1. Charles Suitt

Charles Suitt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    :eek: I've not been able to change/replace my avatar as of yesterday (5/9/07)

Here's my procedure: My Controls - Edit Avatar Settings - Upload new image from your computer - Browse - to a .jpg image: 133x100 pixels, 4.26 KB. Then, the file name shows in the window next to 'Browse' - Update Avatar.

NO CHANGE IS MADE. I have also tried clicking "No Avatar" in an attempt to remove the old avatar, still no change.

So... What am I doing wrong? I have emailed Danny (no response yet) and a Moderator (no response yet)

Got any ideas? THANKS

2. bshef

bshef Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Charles Suitt @ May 10 2007, 01:07 PM) [snapback]439426[/snapback]</div>
    Try "remove avatar" 1st......then adding 2nd.

3. Darken

Darken Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Charles Suitt @ May 10 2007, 04:07 PM) [snapback]439426[/snapback]</div>
    You've been around much longer then I so forgive me if I state the obvious here but...when I have changed my avatars it seems to take awhile before the system actually applies the 'change'. Normally a matter of minutes but until it updates it always shows the old picture listed...

You mentioned you couldn't do it since yesterday, did you try changing it and leaving it for awhile?

4. tag

tag Senior Member

Try it again, Charles. It appears as if you're following the proper procedure. There should be no need to delete your current avatar; simply upload the image and click "Update Avatar".

Also, is the new avatar the *exact same size and dimensions* as your current avatar (the kitty)? I noticed that the information you provided in your OP is the same as your current avatar so you might want to make sure you're not uploading the same image.

5. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    To me it looks like you got it. I've had to clear History for any of my changes to show up.

6. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Charles, there are times when I change my avatar and I can swear that it didn't take. However, it would seem that I'm the only one who thinks it didn't take. That is, I believe my browser keeps my avatar stored in cache and shows it to me even after I've changed it. If you are still having issues, hit the [Refresh] button on your browser a few times. If that doesn't help, dump your browsers history cache.

7. Charles Suitt

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    :) Thanks all, for your responses. I will once again try the procedure. Incidentally, I had already used the "remove avatar" procedure prior to the overall path.

While it's not a major issue, the depicted kitty is now buried in our back garden and seeing her picutre just re-emphasizes the pain of her loss... she had been with us 12½ years and was 'part of the family.'

8. bshef

bshef Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Charles Suitt @ May 11 2007, 09:04 AM) [snapback]439984[/snapback]</div>
    Sorry about your loss.....!

:(

9. Charles Suitt

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    :) Hi aaf...

What 'history' did you delete?

I went snooping and found in the "Base Gallery" [found on the Edit Avatar Settings] a collection of avatars obviously uploaded by other forum members, including one I have used in the past. Could it be that the "Base Gallery" has a finite limit on memory used by uploaded avatars and is not accepting new avatars?

Danny has not responded to my query of a couple of days back... maybe he can shed a little light on my questions.

10. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Charles Suitt @ May 11 2007, 01:42 PM) [snapback]440180[/snapback]</div>
    Sorry about your loss. :(

It was like clearing the cashe of the browser. Somehow it was keeping the old image to speed up loading of the page.