1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

average life for the hybrid batteries

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Fuel Economy' started by superstar, Jul 29, 2009.

1. superstar

superstar New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    What is the average life for the hybrid batteries used in the Toyota Prius? Any ideas?

2. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A

You can find basic information here. http://priuschat.com/forums/gen-ii-prius-main-forum/26050-prius-myths-their-rebuttals.html

Otherwise they are just like any other car part. Some have died at 100k others are still going strong after 300k. I have not noticed many failures though considering the high number of Prius out there.

3. Genoz World

Genoz World ZEN-style living

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    SUPERSTAR - it says you have an 08 with a solar top?

anyways, if your inquiry is serious, the hybrid components in california is warranty'ed up to 150,000 miles. no worries.

4. edmcohen

edmcohen Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Having followed this for a couple of years, I have the impression that the hybrid battery usually lasts the life of the car. For the unlucky outlier who suffers a battery failure, there seem to be enough of them from salvage to meet the not-so-brisk demand at fair prices. Conventional cars also have plenty of complex parts that can give trouble.

5. prioki

prioki Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    I have a 2001 Prius, and my hybrid battery had to be replaced at 95,000 miles. I was happy that it was still under warranty. I don't know if this reflects the average. I also bought it used, so I have no idea what effect the previous owner had on that.