1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Average MPG after 110,000 miles

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Fuel Economy' started by digital_griffin, Aug 3, 2009.

1. digital_griffin

digital_griffin New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    We bought a 2005 Prius in August 2005. It has been 4 years, and in that time we have put 110,000 miles on her.

I average somewhere between 50, and 60 MPG. My last tank has been 55MPG with 90% of the miles on 65+ MPH highway driving.

My most interesting record is 100+ MPG for ~10 miles doing 60+MPH. That's right, over 100 MPG at over 60MPH for ten whole minutes. I was sitting in the wake of a trailor going down a a small 1% grade.

I do not coast, or impulse drive. And I very rarely, if ever, drift behind trucks.

There is zero modifications to the car. In matter of fact, it's been abused somewhat. It has 4 dents, and the front air dam, and rear air dam lip (under the bumper) has been ripped off. (My wife tried forcing the car over an icy hill)

2. boppo

boppo Active Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    It looks like you are getting your moneys worth out of her.

3. wintechsw

wintechsw Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Here in AUS, I've done 31K km at Long Term Av of 20.4 km/litre or 57.5 mpg(imperial measure) in an '08 model II. Most of my travelling has been interstate trips on freeways at 110kph speeds on Criuse Control.
    The best I've done in metropolitan driving was 67.4 mpg for 450km travelled. Sorry for the mixed measures but I'm old enough to remember Imperial measurements and I still can't get used to 4.9l/100km on the MFD and we went metric a long time ago.
    As a side issue, how do you change the MFD to read km/l? I've seen screen shots of this way of measurement on many threads and groups but have never been able to find out how to do the change.

TIA

4. 2009Prius

2009Prius A Wimpy DIYer

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    It would be much more interesting to see the exact number if you have it. :)

5. morpheusx

morpheusx Professor Chaos

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    it would be interesting if the greenhybrid tracking site i used to use wouldn't have screwed up my tracking by not letting me delete an incorrect entry.
    Meanwhile my actual average is just over 54 MPG lifetime at just under 60,000 miles and that includes many interstate cross country drives and the brutally cold winter we had in Ohio this past year where my average stayed lower then 45 all winter long.

1 person likes this.