1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Avery Dennison StoneShield Vs. 3M Paint Protection

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Inthewind, Oct 3, 2006.

1. Inthewind

Inthewind New Member

I've searched the forums and can't find a single mention of Avery Dennison. Has anyone used it vs. 3M? I can't find a whole lot on-line either.

I'm looking to cover the front end (Hood, Bumper, Grill, and Mirrors) and was quoted $650 for 3M and $575 for the Avery Dennison. These are Hilton Head/Savannah prices. Any comments/comparisons/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Later,
    ITW

2. Jeannie

Jeannie Proud Prius Granny

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I've got the Avery Stoneshield. It's 6mm thick compared to the 3M's 8mm. The company that installed it claims (Autobahnd NJ)it' s less likely to yellow than the 3M product. The only reason I got it was that I couldn't find a 3M installer closer than 70 miles away from where I live, and that installer didn't really seem interested in my business (he wasn't really sure of the price and didn't even ask my phone number so he could call me back). Autobahnd in some other states uses the 3M product, s I guess that decision is made by the 'local' franchise.

I'm very pleased with my Stoneshield, but all I really know is that the installer did an excellent job, even buffing out several small nicks I already had on my white Prius. Try googling the two installers to see if you can find postings on non-Prius sites that give good feedback about them.

3. Inthewind

Inthewind New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jeannie @ Oct 3 2006, 07:01 PM) [snapback]327571[/snapback]</div>
    Thanks! Ive done some research i.e. Google, yahoos etc. Theres not much out there about the warranty for the StoneShield vs. 3M.

Can I ask how much you paid?