1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

avg:50.0 mpg/400 mile route

Discussion in 'Prius c Fuel Economy' started by Ol Trusty, Aug 1, 2013.

1. Ol Trusty

Ol Trusty New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    N/A
    It depends on the wind,last night I got 51.3 with little wind in Fairfield CA area,my mid-point where it can go up to 35 knots roaring in from the Pacific ocean (mid-fiftys deg) and coming from the Fresno area where 100 is the norm this time of year.$27.86 to go 410 miles,route timed out at 7hrs 39 mins and 61 mph seems to be my sweet spot,but I do watch the mpg to match speed with any gain on gauge.
    Its the darnedist thing,going up to Modesto I can get 55.0 mpg but it always goes down coming back to Fresno,I guess cause it goes uphill in elevation 80ft to 400ft here,but that wind is a killer, hills of course too,but if I just cruse along with the min speed law here in Cali,I can chug up the Altamont Pass,far right lane with the trucks straining up and over. Now, with all the construction west 580 is 55 mph to 680 so I can build-up my mileage that dropped coming up the hill. But that wind. A killer but its there so I gotta git ! 114666 last night,I've had Ol'Trusty since June 10,2012 and not a problem that was major.My headlights have gone out a couple of times thank God from the headlights that are cheap and simple to install,dont grab bulb wit fingers,oil will f it up! I carry extra bulbs at all times so I can pull over and change them out when they blow.My 2008 Prius (package 6) HID headlights sucked!hundreds of dollars to change them $300+++! man oh man! I had to learn to click em real quick and they might come on for a while but, man oh man !!
    But for my route this Prius C works oh tay. I took out rear seats for more room, pull my passenger seat all the way forward,a lot of room for my boxes are in that space behind seat and I put my heavy boxes etc there to balance weight against my 190 lbs. and thru out the whole car remembering behind driver seat is the cooling vent for batter,keep clear no blockage!
    To accent my rolling office I got a H198 DVR for a nanny cam,radar detect,Sirius sat standard,plus lifetime member Sirius sat reciever(like a radar det. in size). I hang iphone on a vent holder I made from copper wire, I couldnt find anything on market,I block the vent as phone is directly at area air blows out and no need to freeze out or over heat my $600 phone/PC etc. I use the 'Waze' app to follow traffic fore and behind.You must come up with a mount to use iphones or other phones in a stationary position so your not holding it thus inviting the CHP to check you out on our freeways.
    Over all : Prius-C has been very , very , good , to me ! 410 miles for $27ish ! LOVE IT!

2. ztanos

ztanos All-around Geek!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    You are saying you have 114,666 miles on your PC? You are saying you have blown through a few sets of headlight bulbs? ... That's a lot of mileage... but I have a hard time believing that you went through more than 1 headlight bulb in 13 months.