1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

AVIC-z110bt Bypass help

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by kamick81, Nov 27, 2009.

1. kamick81

kamick81 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I don't have the unit yet but wanted to run this by some of you who are FAR more stereo install savvy than I.

Google video searches reveal a few good vids on how to do it. Basically I move the mute wire (yellow wire) over 1 pin. Next I ground the green parking break wire and the yellow mute wire? Can I just connect the yellow wire to the green, and run the green wire to a chassis ground or is it necessary to run them both to the chassis ground separately? Either way, I never ACTUALLY connect the parking break wire to the parking break right?

Sorry if that sounds totally stupid but I'm really fairly new to this shit. LoL

The unit isn't here yet but I'm trying to do all of my homework ahead of time.

Kevin

2. ALL_600D

ALL_600D New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Sup Kev,
    Here is what my buddy at the stereo shop told me. What you stated up there is correct. Just twist both the yellow wire (after jumping to next slot) and green wire and ground it together. That's it your done. Nothing goes to the brake wire of the vehicle.

3. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    No need to conect the ground wire to the parking brake.

I would however put the gound wire on a switch. This will allow you to defeat the movie powrtion of the DVD player while in motion any time you want. This could be useful if someone ever borrows your car OR you get pulled over for watching a movie. Flip the switch and demonstate that the video portion cannot be used while driving. I do not, however, recommend playing video while driving. I've had video systems in my cars since the early 1990s and I've almost crashed a few times because I get caught up in a particular scene. It can happen to anyone so I do not recommend it.