1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Baby arrival

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Canuck, Sep 24, 2004.

1. Canuck

Canuck Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Wife thinks we are too old for this kind of thing but I'd like to announce that a 2005 Silver arrived today at our dealer's facility at 1200 PDT weighing in at 2890 lbs and as yet un-named. Don't know the sex yet...maybe a blend but we'll love it anyway. Health seems OK but certain preps are necessary before we will carry it...errrr it will carry us home on Monday. Gestation period was rather short.. approximately 2.5 months. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
    Oh and did I mention that we are excited :oops:

2. bookrats

bookrats New Member

Your Prius is lucky to have parents like you!

3. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Congratulations, eh.

Tell your wife that you're never too old to enjoy a new arrival. Now go out and break that baby in!!

4. Canuck

Canuck Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Hey, Tony, the first Prius I ever drove was last summer/fall early Sept from just outside Chicago to St. Charles,Ill. Went to the area for the granddaughter's wedding. Son-in-law said " Dad, we'll drive to my factory in the Prius, I'll pick up my motor home and you follow me in the Prius."
    Great, he showed me how to start the thing and I followed him. Leaving Carpentersville and at the first stop light he breezed through but... for me the light was red.
    Now I had just arrived in the area and didn't know which end was up, didn't even have his address or phone number on me.. just my driver's licence. Big problem, the car has stalled, no sound from under the hood, only the rude b**tar*d's behind me leaning on their horns. By luck, and the Prius Gods, a hybrid angel approached the vehicle from an adjacent lane and very wisely said," Just press on the accelerator, my son and all will be forgiven" and off I went trailing many hail mary's enroute.
    Can anyone guess why we are about to become proud Toyota Prius owners? :mrgreen:

5. paprius4030

paprius4030 My first Prius

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I really worry when the car carrier looks like a stork lol

6. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Congratulations! :partytime:

[rude mode = on]

My wife asked me if I announced our baby’s arrival on Priuschat . . . so . . .

Our doctor (dealer) called today and said our overdue (203 days, but who’s counting!!!!) baby (05AM#4 Prius) has finally been delivered, given a clean bill of health, and will be available for discharge on 9/26 at 3pm. No name yet, but the doctor did say that the baby is quite red . . . I’m guessing from being overcooked -over 6 months- compared to the premature ones which apparently come out white or silver in less than 3 months.

I bet she has that new baby smell too! I know we will grow to love and take care of her.

P.S. The doctor’s bill also shows a $700 rebate for being such patient expectant parents!

[/rude]

Sorry for stepping all over your big announcement . . . but I just couldn’t hold in my excitement either. We may have to exchange more parenting tips in the future. And maybe schedule some play dates and join local clubs!

[fun meter = pegged full]

7. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I can tell you are a man or you would have told us how long it was and the exact time. Get with the program, details!!!! 8)