1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Baby moon hubcaps?

Discussion in 'Prius c Accessories and Modifications' started by olds_cool63, Nov 20, 2012.

1. olds_cool63

olds_cool63 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Hey, all.

I'm new here. Just got a '12 Prius C 2 in charcoal exactly 2 weeks ago.

Looking to do something really simple with the stock rims.

Does anyone out there know of baby moons that will fit these rims?

If not, I can just go for some new rims. The stock hub caps just don't do it for me!

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Nuff said.

olds_cool63

I hypermile, therefore I am.

2. ufourya

ufourya We the People

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I looked into this and got the most information at this site:

Baby Moon Center Caps Stylish Look, Great Prices, AutoAmenity

You will have to modify the OEM wheels to make the baby moons fit, since they fit over nubs on a different style steel wheel. It can be done as you will see on the 300. I called these guys and "Dutch" tried to tell me that I did not know the difference between steel wheels and styled wheels. He wanted me to send him a picture of my wheels. Kind of p'd me off. Plus, research showed me I could get what I was looking for elsewhere and at less expense. However, the information at this site is good. (I did not go with the baby moons since it seemed like more work than I wanted to do at the time.)

3. megaoptimus

megaoptimus Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    Share some pics when you get them please. Looks like something I might want to do as well.

4. Watauga

Watauga New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I'd also like to see pictures. I'm mourning the loss of my beetle and trying to add little beetlish touches to my new Prius C.

5. ufourya

ufourya We the People

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Click the link above in my earlier post for pictures of the baby moons installed on modern steel wheels. The Chrysler 300 pictures show how the wheels must be modified by drilling and tapping to give the moons something to hang on to.