1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Back from our 2 week Road-trip

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by h2photo, Jul 25, 2007.

1. h2photo

h2photo Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Fixed the images, they should post now

Road-trip! Where would you go? My husband & I have always said we wanted to do a Route 66 trip. We did some research & decided it was well worth the 4800miles.

[​IMG]

We started our Route 66 road trip on the 29th of June. We drove from Chandler, Arizona to Tucumcari, NM on the 1st day, & spent the night at the Blue Swallow Motel (FUN PLACE & on Route 66!). Then to Galva, KS (hubby's family) ((& we drove through Greensburg, KS, the town that was demolished by a tornado)), next we were off to Ames, IA (My hometown), to Chicago, IL (4th of July with my family & start of Route 66!!). We hit crazy traffic in NM, fatal accident on the 40, took us 2 hours to move 2 miles! :rolleyes: So the 1st day's driving was horribly long!

[​IMG]
    <div align="center">Traffic! Ugg!!</div>
    [​IMG]

]ILLIONIS
    It was the 5th of July that kicked off our 66 Drive. In Chicago, we did the Taste of Chicago (YUM), the Bean (That Big Shiny Thing in, Millennium Park), The Launching Pad Drive In, Polk-A-Dot Drive In, tons of old Texaco Gas Stations, The Old Log Cabin Restaurant (which was closed & For sale!), Memory Lane (which was a favorite of both of ours, This lane in Lexington allows travelers to walk an original piece of historic Route 66), we stopped at Funk’s Grove Maple Sirup Company (YUMMY REAL/pure maple Sirup!).

<div align="center">The Bean</div>
    [​IMG]

<div align="center">Launching Pad Drive-In</div>
    [​IMG]

<div align="center">Old Texaco Station</div>
    [​IMG]

<div align="center">Memory Lane</div>
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

<div align="center">Random pic of my Hubby</div>
    [​IMG]

<div align="center">Route 66 badge & the Prius</div>
    [​IMG]

because I know you're wondering...
    Filled up 12 times during 2 weeks
    Miles driven - 4846
    Gallons of gas consumed – 94.835
    Mpg – 51mpg
    Total miles on my 3-week old Prius- 5281
    # Of pictures taken (ok, I’m not counting, but its…) – 43.03GB!!

well crap, I post post anymore images!!!! Wish i knew that b4 i wrote this up

2. PriusTouring07

PriusTouring07 New Member

Sounds like fun! I'm buying my Prius mainly for road trips. Got lots of free time and love traveling, but hate spending so much money on gas. Now with the Prius, problem solved!

3. NoMoShocks

NoMoShocks Electrical Engineer

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I have always wanted to drive the old Route 66, and I am quite jelios!

Are you and your hubby transplants from Southern CA, now working at Intel?

I only asked becuase you called "I 40" by the southern CA name, "The 40". Or is that an Arizona thing too?

If you do work at Intel, thank you for making computer chips so we can chat on PC.

4. BT Tech

BT Tech New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Awesome pictures of your trip!! It looks like you guys had a lot of fun...

Thanks for posting!!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NoMoShocks @ Jul 26 2007, 12:29 AM) [snapback]485264[/snapback]</div>

5. ibmindless

ibmindless Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Hey Holly - Nice PIX! Post some more! A pic-filled blog would be great. Thanks for sharing.

6. BellaHMB

BellaHMB New Member

Loved the photos and esp. of your toes!

Victoria

7. catgic

catgic Mastr & Commandr Hybrid Guru

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    HTTP 404 Not Found

8. h2photo

h2photo Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I added the trip #'s to the 1st post, because I know you'll want to know & we kept track!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PriusTouring07 @ Jul 25 2007, 05:00 PM) [snapback]485100[/snapback]</div>
    you'll really enjoy it! I was never uncomfortable (ok, maybe in that traffic!)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NoMoShocks @ Jul 25 2007, 09:29 PM) [snapback]485264[/snapback]</div>
    Nope, I don't work for Intel, & I'm not form SoCal (Iowa here) sorry! It's probably just a holly moment I had when I called it "The 40"

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ibmindless @ Jul 25 2007, 09:46 PM) [snapback]485271[/snapback]</div>
    I've been TRYING to get the damn thing on blogger.com, but I must be stupid because everytime I type it up and hit publish, it doesnt show anything but the title. Its annoying!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BellaHMB @ Jul 25 2007, 09:50 PM) [snapback]485274[/snapback]</div>
    Victoria, ha-ha Thanks, It was so nice in NM we had the windows down, it was just comfy with my foot out the window, I'm lucky no1 tried to take it off!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(catgic @ Jul 25 2007, 11:41 PM) [snapback]485308[/snapback]</div>
    I love your old picture! I'll check out the book, not that I have time to read! I've always been fasinated with the history of Route 66, it's just sad that its changed so much.

9. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
  10. noelty

noelty Member

Nice pictures and write up...while my wife and four month old son leave me to visit her parents next month...I am thinking about doing my own solo getaway....not sure where to go from So Cal though.

11. NoMoShocks

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(h2photo @ Jul 25 2007, 04:58 PM) [snapback]485096[/snapback]</div>
    Since someone has already mentioned "The Toes", I do have a question.

What is that object to the left of the toes? I don't recognize that as any part of the Prius.

Are the toes out the window?

Is that comfortable? I see passengers riding with their feet resting out the window, and I aways wondered if it was comportable or if they are showing off their feet. Now don't get upset, this is all in fun.

12. Rae Vynn

Rae Vynn Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NoMoShocks @ Jul 26 2007, 09:57 AM) [snapback]485510[/snapback]</div>
    I think it's the camera being held at a fairly high angle, coupled with the reflections in the shiny black paint, that's tricking your eyes. Oh, and the mirror is visible, at a sharp angle.

13. h2photo

h2photo Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NoMoShocks @ Jul 26 2007, 09:57 AM) [snapback]485510[/snapback]</div>
    ha-ha, the object left of the toes is the Prius! (the little side window & the front quarter panel) :rolleyes: :D Feet were out the window since we were sitting in traffic not moving. I dont put my feet out when the car is in motion, I dont want to lose them! I actually wedge my ankles in between the side mirror and the car.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rae Vynn @ Jul 26 2007, 10:10 AM) [snapback]485527[/snapback]</div>
    Its grey! :p But yes, the camera is at a high angle

14. NoMoShocks

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(h2photo @ Jul 25 2007, 04:58 PM) [snapback]485096[/snapback]</div>
    Since someone has already mentioned "The Toes", I do have a question.

What is that object to the left of the toes? I don't recognize that as any part of the Prius.

Are the toes out the window?

Is that comfortable? I see passengers riding with their feet resting out the window, and I aways wondered if it was comportable or if they are showing off their feet. Now don't get upset, this is all in fun.

OK, just so there is no doubt at all that I am board today, and have too much time, I figured it out. What is that in the mirror? Can anyone point me to a meeting of Pixel Manipulators Anonymous? I seriously need to get into a 12 step program for this.

[attachmentid=10166]

Attached Files:

• Toes.jpg
      Toes.jpg
      File size:
      90.9 KB
      Views: