1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Back up alarm

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by nwprius, Mar 25, 2004.

1. nwprius

nwprius Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Picture posted in Appearances and modifications of BAK-TALK --- backup alarm sensors. Installation was easy and neat in appearance. Gives sound alarm, then a female voice says 'five feet' then 'three feet' then 'two feet' then '12 inches' then she says 'CRASH'. There are other alarms for anything moving behind vehicle.

2. norman

norman New Member

Couldn't find a price anywhere. Do you know what it costs?

3. mboileau

mboileau New Member

Can you tell us about the install? Did you do it yourself? What was involved and how does it connect with the existing sound system and power?

Inquiring minds want to know...

4. nwprius

nwprius Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    The Bak-Talk unit
    The installation was very simple and took about 30 minutes. The units come with a very good video of installation on three different cars. They were all very simple but still more difficult than the Prius. I glued (double side tape included) the sensors to the black air dam under the bumper (perfect spot), the center sensor requires a a small drill hole, the two side units I ran through the slits already there, ran the wires behind it and through a rubber grommet (already there) into trunk to left backup light wire readily available, one splice with connector supplied, ground to a bolt that already has grounds near the grommet. The control unit I glued to the body under the lift out storage box and attached the small speaker on the fender molding under the small rear window. It speaks very clearly. I'm delighted with it. Do more backing in just to hear it. I bought from American Dealer Service 1888 325 5766.

Bob