1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Back up beep--thanks

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by tanteb & rgrpick, Jul 11, 2006.

1. tanteb & rgrpick

tanteb & rgrpick New Member

Thanks to harrv for being real clear that disabling the back up beep was a piece of cake, and to darelldd for his great instructions.
    If the beep is annoying to others, imagine what it would be like if it caused a loud, high-pitched, squeeling feedback. :( :wacko: I'm hearing impaired and my hearing aids did not do well with that beep, but with just a few minutes of my time yesterday, it is gone.
    Thank you both.

2. mssmith95

mssmith95 Michael

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tanteb & rgrpick @ Jul 11 2006, 06:26 AM) [snapback]284378[/snapback]</div>

Totally understand why you would want to remove that beep. However, please be extra careful with it off (especially the first few days/weeks). A few members have reported either leaving the car in reverse accidentally and getting out...or thinking they were in Drive when actually in Reverse and almost running someone over.

3. tanteb & rgrpick

tanteb & rgrpick New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mssmith95 @ Jul 11 2006, 11:49 AM) [snapback]284438[/snapback]</div>
    I saw that thread, and am definitely being additionally cautious, although for the life of me I can't figure out how one could exit the car when on and not in P......all sorts of noises and alarms go off, or miss the back up screen. Maybe the latter happened before the backup camera was standard?
    We would have preferred changing the beep to a sound I could hear but tolerate, but found no modifications to do so.

Thanks for the word of caution. :)