1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Back-up camera dims

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by cyberprius, Mar 23, 2008.

1. cyberprius

cyberprius Mtn Bikes don't need foglights

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I just escaped from the big family Easter celebrations with the excuse that I need to check my work schedule, which I do....but I just noticed something today with my back-up camera on my '08 Prius.

I had my headlights on during the day as it is particulary rainy (normally I never run lights in the daylight). And I noticed that when I back-up the camera image is particulary dim.

So, I turned off the headlights and the back-up camera image immediately brightened up significantly.

Turned lights back on, dim again....lights off, bright again...
    Once again, I assume this is normal, but it sure seems stupid.:confused:

2. TheForce

TheForce Stop War! Lets Rave! Make Love!

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Its normal. It does this because you don't want to look at a bright screen at night. Same thing happens to your instrument panel. You can fix that during the day by turning up the rheostat all the way.

3. Whiteyprius

Whiteyprius Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    You're right - this is normal. Your displays are bright w/o lights on, b/c your prius thinks it's daytime. You turn your lights on, and it thinks that it's night, so it dims the displays. Adjust the brightness with the roller dohicky near your left knee on the lower dash - something I have to do all the time, b/c I run my lights all the time. Happy Easter!:D