1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Backup Alarm (Rear Bumper)

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by tigerpilot, Oct 9, 2008.

1. tigerpilot

tigerpilot Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Hi Folks:
    Has anyone installed an aftermarket reverse alarm? The one I'm looking at uses a copper tape installed inside the rear bumper. I need to know the difficulty involved in removing the bumper. It's a little tight getting my hands in there to install the strip in a neat manner without removal.
    Thanks...

2. john_dough

john_dough New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I just ran across a small, inexpensive gadget that you stick onto your backup light. It senses the backup light being on and sounds a built in alarm---not as sophisticated as a wired system, but cheap and easy.

3. tigerpilot

tigerpilot Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Thanks for the reply but not at all what I'm looking for. I want an alarm that signals me when I'm too close to an object. I don't think a tree will move if the backup bulb device goes off. I need something to tell my aging brain to stop backing up the Prius...... 'cause otherwise the tree will win every time.

4. firepa63

firepa63 Former Prius Owner

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Don't you have a backup camera in your package 2? If so, just look at the MFD when backing. It will pick up that tree before you hit it.

5. tigerpilot

tigerpilot Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Yep...Got the backup camera and just need the audible signal to help a little more. Otherwise I'm gonna' have to find another mod that I probably could do without. Working on a compass mirror replacement at the present time.
    I just got to get a life.....
    Thanks