1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

backup beep

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by gas guzzler, Aug 17, 2007.

1. gas guzzler

gas guzzler New Member

I just did a search on turning off the backup beep. I printed the directions and excitedly ran out to perform the turn off (thank God!) But! it didn't work, I tried several times and thought to myself, this must be a joke. Or, am I just ignorant?

2. dogfriend

dogfriend Human - Animal Hybrid

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(gas guzzler @ Aug 17 2007, 07:46 PM) [snapback]498144[/snapback]</div>
    It can take a number of attempts because you must do all the steps exactly as written in the service manual. I have done it twice, once when I first got the car and once after disconnecting the 12V battery (it returns to the default beep if you disconnect the battery). It took me more than a couple of attempts each time.

[attachmentid=10723]

The two problems I had:

Pushing the Trip/Odo button too early and resetting the Maintenance Light mileage. You need to wait for Ready, but push before 6 sec.

Not holding the Trip/Odo button long enough before shifting the lever. You must count out 10 sec, (one thousand one, one thousand two, etc.) before shifting to R.

Attached Files:

3. gas guzzler

gas guzzler New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dogfriend @ Aug 17 2007, 11:47 PM) [snapback]498166[/snapback]</div>
    thanks, I got it what a relief!