1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Backup Camera Display Bracket on P V with AT

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by EmuMessenger, Aug 10, 2010.

1. EmuMessenger

EmuMessenger New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Hello,

I am sorry if this has been covered elsewhere but I could not find the thread.

On the Prius V with the Advanced Technology there are some pinkish brackets that appear in the display, presumably for assistance with the parking assistance functions. Does anyone know the actual intended alignment of those brackets? In the display, they are not symmetrical and definitely to not represent the edges of the bumpers.

Has anyone else had any different experience? How should those lines correspond with the bumper?

Thanks in advance for any input.

2. andino

andino Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I think that's for IPA (intelligent parking assist)

3. macman408

macman408 Electron Guidance Counselor

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    According to the Nav manual (p. 198 of my electronic copy), "If the edge of the bumper displayed on the screen does not match the camera orientation confirmation lines, the camera may not be aligned correctly. Have the vehicle checked by your Toyota dealer."

For what it's worth, my lines are exactly at the edge of my bumper.

1 person likes this.
  4. cproaudio

cproaudio Speedlock Overrider

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    those pink lines are for the alignments relative to the side edge of your car. When you're reversing into a parking spot and the parking space lines are on the pink stripes you're actually driving on the space lines or close to it. Anything in between those pink lines you're gonna run over or hit.

1 person likes this.
  5. macman408

macman408 Electron Guidance Counselor

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Using them to guide you back is an interesting thing that I hadn't thought of before. I haven't tried it, though I suspect that it might be possible due to the huge fisheye of the lens.

That said, if there's a straight line leading all the way from some obstacle to the pink line, you WILL hit the obstacle if you back straight up along the line, because those lines are not on the corner of the bumpers, as the camera clearly shows. The camera doesn't actually show the entire width of the bumper, though it comes pretty darn close.

6. EmuMessenger

EmuMessenger New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Thanks everyone. Sounds like I may need to visit the dealership. The lines and locations are definitely not symmetrical.

7. cproaudio

cproaudio Speedlock Overrider

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    They're not symmetrical because the camera is on the left side of the license plate so the pink lines are off center.

8. tumbleweed

tumbleweed Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    If I use the lines as a guide and put one right on a parking spot line my wheel will be about 3 or 4 inches from the line, same on either side. I don't use the IPA but the lines are a nice guide when backing.