1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Backup Camera Issue

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by mukaan, Mar 2, 2006.

1. mukaan

mukaan New Member

The image from the backup camera comes on when I put it in reverse. This seems to be working fine. However, every now an then (seemingly at random), the image is very shaky. That is, when I'm stopped, the image on the MFD moves moves rapidly (left - right by a small amount). The text at the bottom is steady. There is also some color distortion (e.g. the sky flickers between blue and green). I'm begining to think that there is something wrong. Its a 2006 Package #7 that I picked up in January, and this just started happening. Anyone have any ideas what this could be?

2. unruhly

unruhly New Member

Changing colors is a dead giveaway, along with the shifting, that there is a loose or dirty connection somewhere. Simply unplugging and replugging in all the associated connectors will most likely correct your problem.

Sorry I don't have a list of connectors and their locations for you. :(

3. Thomas Brock

Thomas Brock New Member

I agree with the unruhly. But instead of searching for all the connectors yourself, I'd suggest going to the dealer. The techs there (if there are any Prius Certified folks) will know exactly where to look.

4. glenk

glenk Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Sounds like a power connection or bad rear camera. A bad video connection would make the display come and go. The "check your surroundings" warning is muxed in by the MFD electronics.

Dealer visit for sure.