1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

backup camera issue

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by spudnut, Oct 23, 2022.

1. spudnut

spudnut Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I was struggling to make out what my camera was telling me, with the glare on the screen and the sun in my eyes, at the end of a very long stressful day, made what should have been a simple job (hooking up my small utility trailer) seemingly difficult. In the past, I have found the backup camera works great when backing up to a trailer, it's field of view is such that I can almost nail it on the first try, within a couple inches anyway. That's what made this so frustrating, it helped a lot when I closed the hatch! I had no idea the camera still worked when backing with the hatch up, now I know.

2. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
  3. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    It's a fun way to watch trees if you lift your hatch all the way and find a nice forest to drive backwards through...

4. spudnut

spudnut Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    While the camera works with the hatch up for some reason (other then for tree watching), regen doesn't when in reverse. I've got a steepish 1/4 mile road I back down from time to time on my place, regen would be handy. Other then that issue, this is still my favorite car of all time, and I'm 73.