1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Backup camera question

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Yiannifun, May 26, 2011.

1. Yiannifun

Yiannifun New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I never had a backup camera
    I wonder if the image you see in the rear view mirror will be the same in the screen. I mean, if you see a red car behind you, and on the right in the mirror, will it be on the right at the screen too, or it will be the original signal from the camera showing the non invertet image? This will be a trouble for me...

2. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Try looking behind you, then at the image. You should be able to sort it out ;)

3. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    The camera displays a mirror image, just like that in the rear view mirror. It does this to avoid confusion.

Tom

4. KK6PD

KK6PD _ . _ . / _ _ . _

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    You could flip the pic upside down if you were so inclined. Just don't fall up when you stumble out of the car.....

5. snakeye2669

snakeye2669 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    II
    It display the same image as if you turn your head around to watch the rear with your own eyes. If a object coming from the right side, it will be coming from the right side on the back up screen.