1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Backup camera shutter?

Discussion in 'Gen 5 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by Paul Gregory, Jan 9, 2024.

1. Paul Gregory

Paul Gregory Active Member

Vehicle:
    2024 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE
    I love the way my VW has a retractable camera, that pops out when you go in reverse. The rest of the time, it's protected from mud and dust. I never have to clean the lens.

I'm looking for something similar for my 2024 Prius Prime. Unless road conditions are dry, every time I use the camera, it's obscured with mud, dirt or snow. All I want is some sort of shutter that covers the lens until you go into reverse, when it flips open. I have seen such things online, but nothing for my vehicle. Does such a thing exist?

2. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    Our old 300 Mercedes had little window washers / wipers on the headlights ..... that would seem a likely way to clean a dirty rear view camera, however the lens protector seems like it would even be better!

3. Paul Gregory

Paul Gregory Active Member

Vehicle:
    2024 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE
    Unfortunately there's no rear wiper/washer on the new Prius. No source for washer fluid.

My Prius Plug-in had a rear wiper-washer, to which I connected a water line and a nozzle. It never worked well.

#3 Paul Gregory, Jan 10, 2024
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2024
  4. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    #4 Mendel Leisk, Jan 10, 2024
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2024
    otatrant likes this.
  5. aforkosh

aforkosh Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    There is a washer for camera for the Dgital Rear View Mirror and the Panoramic View (if you have those options).