1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Backup camera with GPS

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by jmcomp124, Jul 24, 2008.

1. jmcomp124

jmcomp124 New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I am looking for a backup camera and GPS in one unit for an 05 Prius and came across the following

1http://www.amazon.com/dp/product/B0013HXZY2?tag=priuschatcom-20http://www.amazon.com/dp/product/B001B1NPA4?tag=priuschatcom-20
    Has anyone here tried installing any of the above on their Prius?
    Are there any other good choices other than the above 2?
    Anyone see any potential issues with installation? I would also like to avoid mounting it on the dash. Any clever ideas?
    Thanks,
    -Jai

2. go4less

go4less New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I was looking at the same items but I would like bluetooth as well for my cell. I decided to purchased the back up camera from Costco $69.00 and a seperate gps that I have not decided on yet. But where to put them is another challenge. I may put the camera on the sun visor. I would be interested to know other ideas....

3. jmcomp124

jmcomp124 New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Are there any other better options than the ones I listed, in that price range?

4. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    I do not know. Personally, I'm looking into a retrofit that'll use the MFD, but that's about $400 starting.

5. sumguy

sumguy Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    What did you guys/gals decide on? Especially interested in the 4ucam. I kow its an old post but want to install a backup cam and GPS for my base package.