1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Backup Camera?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by GuamKelly, Nov 10, 2010.

1. GuamKelly

GuamKelly Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    III
    OK, I suspect I'm opening myself up to some teasing here, but I'm serious.

A link on another thread explained what options are on the various packages. Hal, my 2008 Prius, has a 6 CD changer and Bluetooth.

He has the auto-dimming mirror (whoopee). He MAY have an anti-theft system, though I don't know what or where it is. There does not appear to be a DVD based navigation system, which is fine. I know my way around our little island anyhow. He MIGHT have seatback pockets under the crappy seat covers (Wet Okoles with Lumbar Support are on order).

All this tends to indicate that he has the HI Package, including jHID headlamps and Auxiliary input jack.

1) Where the heck IS the aux input jack?

2) Back-up CAMERA? Are we just talking about the thng that beeps if I'm about to back off of my lawn (or into an Abrams Tank)? No pictures, huh?

3) We don't get a lot of fog -- but out of curiousity, I don't see a switch labeled "Fog Lights . . .)

Thanks for all -- love Hal, love the Prius Forums!

Kelly

2. ccdisce

ccdisce Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I recently bought a 2008 with pkg #3
    1. In the center armrest cubby.
    2. In reverse the beeper beeps and the MFD switches to the camera's view pointing backwards towards the bed of bearded Irises .... no, no the Abrams.
    3. No fog light switch as there are no foglights mounted in the lower grille.

a. No HID as far as I can tell. I have the original Sticker and can probably post a pic if you wish and I am alowed to do so.

3. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    3) If your car has fog lights then the headlight stalk has a ring that you would rotate to turn the fog lights on and off.

Also, note that your car may not be equipped according to any of the 2008 model year option packages that were sold in the mainland US - if your car was originally sold by the Guam distributor.

4. Ryanpl

Ryanpl Active Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    GuamKelly, while I know some people complain about the view out of the Prius rear window I kinda think it would be easy to spot an Abrams tank without a B?U camera. :D

5. tonyrenier

tonyrenier I grew up, but it's still red!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I think I'd notice an Abrams as well. I've installed a backup camera with a display in an Autodimming mirror (that was the cleanest intallation I could find). Not for tanks, curbs or even small buildings. The little kids in my neighborhood are faster than field mice and do not get well supervised, they're in the road a lot. I really wasn't up for running one of them over.
    Here's a link to my photos, if you're in the market all parts are named. Good luck with those tanks.

PriusChat Forums - tonyrenier's Album: Tony's 2010 Prius III

6. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The backup camera is a real camera that shows the rearview on your MFD when you put the car in reverse. It's great as it shows a lot even at night. Here's a funny shot of koa:

[IMGLINK]http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w130/koa_/PriuseBackuppictures001.jpg[/IMGLINK]

1 person likes this.
  7. BassInstinct

BassInstinct Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Thought I'd jump this thread and ask those with BUCs...
    Is it annoying to you as well that the bumper is skewed so out of whack and does not appear parallel to the curb that you are trying to avoid backing up on?
    When I had no bumper guard I didnt notice it that much. Now I have a recently installed bumper guard and the skew is terrible so that it's almost as if I want to angle the car to match what is in the back-up cam angle. Is there a way to calibrate or at least adjust the angle?

Might be a small thing - but I use it alot! Thanks!