1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bad Dealers

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by tbstout2, Oct 23, 2006.

1. tbstout2

tbstout2 Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    III
    This first: I LOVE MY PRIUS! I think Toyotas are great!

However…

I’ve had various Toyotas for much of my adult-driving life. None of the dealers – from Raleigh, NC, Bedford, TX and Fredericksburg, VA (Rosner Toyota) are worth a damn. They all run their businesses like snake-oil salesmen!

On the other hand, I bought a Honda Accord in 1998 from Pohanka Honda. I love the car and the dealer. It’s too bad that Toyota doesn’t insist on their dealers acting as well as their cars!

2. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    sales or service? or both?

3. Beryl Octet

Beryl Octet New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tbstout2 @ Oct 23 2006, 01:05 PM) [snapback]336795[/snapback]</div>
    I can't comment on both Raleigh NC dealers, but I've been very pleased with both sales & service at Fred Anderson.

4. sl7vk

sl7vk Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Karl Malone Toyota in Salt Lake sucks!

But Mark Miller in Salt Lake and Tony Devino in Ogden are excellent. It really seems like a mixed bag.

5. Alnilam

Alnilam The One in the Middle

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I had a bad experience with Family Toyota in San Juan Capistrano. They charged me about double the going rate for the XM radio and wanted to charge me more than twice what Troy got for a warranty about half as good as his. I explained this to them and told them they would lose my service business unless they'd relent and they told me to take a hike. I did. They made about $400 extra on my deal and lost me for life. Stupid business manager!

I moved on to Carlsbad Toyota with whom I had an excellent experience with my one and only service visit. Everything was done exactly as I asked.

6. Charles Suitt

Charles Suitt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    :rolleyes: It's most definitely a 'mixed bag.' Several Dallas Texas area dealers are good to deal with and have very good service departments. My 2007 Touring is on order with a good trade offer on my 2004 and a >$500 discount off MSRP on the 2007.

Today, I found 5 new 2007 Prius 'in stock' one of which was the Touring. I preferred a different color, package and options which should arrive in about 9 to 10 days.

So... it really depends on the Dealer's philosophy and treatment of the buyer. Maybe you should come to North Texas to buy your 2007 Prius.

7. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    with service it often depends on who's working on your car, which is why i bring it up. kind of a luck-of-the-draw situation.

8. Essayons

Essayons Essayons

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    So far I have had a good service experience from Haley Toyota in Richmond. The salesman was good but I didn't like the sales manager. He tried to sell me paint sealant and rust proofing to protectt from 'road salt and acid rain'. Since we get snow twice a year here and to paint is already sealed I declined. His response was 'don't complain when your paint comes off and the car rusts' I reminded him that the car already has these things. Also the 'services' cost the dealer around $100 and they charge $800+

I understand Priority Toyota has a good rep around here but the sales force was not helpful (would not let me know when a Prius with my specs was arriving).