1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bad experience - Five Star Toyota, Aberdeen, WA

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by chinook-hybrid, Jan 10, 2006.

1. chinook-hybrid

chinook-hybrid New Member

First I'll start off with the good things: Sold car at MSRP (some dealers in Seattle, WA wanted $2K over MSRP). Very knowledgeable salesman: John Devine.

The Bad: Was offered an aftermarket extended warranty. 7 year/100K miles (including maximum $100 deductible) at $2,400. Upon returning to have some accessories installed and have the windows tinted I was treated very poorly. For those interested in some good bedside reading I have included the letter I am sending to Toyota corporate. I went back today to pick up my car and received a measly apology. The sales manager tried to tell me that they have a hard time finding "good" management material in their area. Regardless, I was given excuses instead of solutions. They claimed they were selling/installing my accessories at cost, but, the figures were the same as when I was quoted by our salesman.

If you are okay with not relying on them for future maintenance then you may save some money by driving out to Aberdeen. Just don't go back. They are nice to you when they want your money. After you give it to them you are just a name and a number.

Chinook-Hybrid