1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bad news

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by weezer4272, Aug 23, 2004.

1. weezer4272

weezer4272 New Member

I ordered my red package 7 (AM) back in mid March. All along the dealer has been telling me 6-7 months, which would have put delivery in October or November. Well, I spoke with him today and I found out that oops, it will probably be another 6 months :( I'm holding out hope that my '89 keeps running, but I may have to start looking for an alternative.

2. HTMLSpinnr

HTMLSpinnr Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    I'd start looking for another dealer. It doesn't hurt to shop around at rural dealers. If you're ordering a package that's not generally built in your region, it will be that much longer.

3. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I agree with Rick. The number of cars hitting the ground in the US is increasing with almost every allocation and Production should ramp up even further in coming months. Checking with smaller dealers in smaller towns will likely yield you a car much sooner than what your dealer is telling you.

4. weezer4272

weezer4272 New Member

Update

Well after checking around with about a dozen dealerships around the Wisconsin/midwest area I may have had some good luck finally. I actually thought I had one Friday night, I was talking with a dealer about 90 minutes away from me who had a red #9 available. Since it was a package higher than I wanted I thought about it for about 30 minutes. Well, in the time it took me to figure out I could do it and I called they had someone walk in and plop the money down for it. :cry: Well, even if I had decided on the spot there was no way I could have gotten there before the other guy and they weren't taking orders over the phone.

Today I got a message from another dealer that they have a silver #7 available from their last 04 allocation that should be in near the end of september. Unfortunately since they are a rural dealership they were closed by the time I got the email and now I have to wait until Monday (all dealerships are closed by law on Sundays in Wisconsin) and hope that it is still available. If everything works out I should be a happy new owner by the end of september :D Wish me luck.

5. weezer4272

weezer4272 New Member

It's coming

Good news, I just got off the phone with a dealership in central wisconsin and my Silver AM is coming in approximately two weeks. Nobody on their list wanted this one since it didn't match any of the orders and I was able to pick it up at MSRP. I can't wait to pick it up. Should be a nice drive back to break it in, though not nearly as long as some people have had.

6. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Congratulations, Weezer, and good for you for not paying over MSRP.

Enjoy the drive.

7. weezer4272

weezer4272 New Member

Great News

My car came in today :p I can hardly wait, now I just have to figure out a way to get out there (the dealership is 3 hours away and only open until 6 and 8 on weeknights).

8. BobA

BobA New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    CONGRATS, weezer... just keep telling yourself..IT'S WORTH THE WAIT.. or call in sick....

Bob

9. jamarimutt

jamarimutt New Member

In order to get a Prius sooner you have to compromise on color and maybe on package. Only a small percent of Priuses are paited red (5 % if I recall right) and package 7 is less common than package 9.

The easiest car to get would be a gray package 9.

10. weezer4272

weezer4272 New Member

As much as I'd like to call in sick or take a day off, I want the wife to come along too since this is our first new car and we've both been patiently waiting now since March. She just started a new job so we'll have to wait until next Saturday I think to go pick it up, but it gives me time to say goodbye to my old car (89 dodge colt)... it's the only one I've owned since I bought it off my folks when I was 16. I'm looking forward to the 3 hour break in drive on the way back, should be a fun way to start our relationship with the new car.