1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bad rear view--side mirror add ons?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by kgall, Aug 27, 2011.

1. kgall

kgall Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    OK, after I've complained a lot about rear view in the Prius, a number of folks suggested I get some of those convex things to stick on my side mirrors to improve the view.
    I'm thinking about it, but I want to ask folks a few questions before I do it--fearing that once I put them on, they will be so sticky they will never come off, even if I don't like them.

1. Round or rectangular?

2. Has anyone found they take up too much space on the already none-too-large mirrors? (A particular concern of my wife's, which I share)

3. The smallest round ones I've found are 2" diameter. Anyone found any that are smaller? Are they any good?

4. Any other comments on how effective they are?

Thanks!

2. JACoH

JACoH Enjoying the mileage

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Go to GriotsGarage.com and search for their "autobahn mirror". Maybe also other places, but Griots is a terrific resource for stuff. I have had them in my last 5 cars and love them. I attached mine with the "supplied sticky tape" but also put a small self tapping screw through the base, mounted to the left pillar in front of the door. It doesn't interfere with the air bag. On my Honda, I pulled that plastic pillar moulding off and put a backer of wood to screw into. Just squeeze it and it pulls off easily. Drill the base first the size of the screw, all you need is the threads to cut into the moulding a bit to ensure the sticky tape holds firm. I also put some epoxy on the fittings to keep from moving if accidentally hit when dusting,etc., tho' not necessary. Pics attached hopefully...
    Also, put a "Broadway" mirror on the standard rear view for a larger view, although "objects are closer than they appear", and you will see the headrests unless dropped.

Attached Files: