1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bad Service with Carson Toyota (SoCal)

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Escalade_on_22s, Jun 21, 2006.

1. Escalade_on_22s

Escalade_on_22s New Member

I've been getting the run-around on some parts I ordered almost 3 months ago! Still no ETA or e-mail, just a 1500 dollar charge on my credit card. Anyone else been ripped off by these guys?
    Bryan

2. AlphaTeam

AlphaTeam Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I'm not sure it is legal for them to charge your card without shipping the product.

Several people have used them, one of the sales people used to post on here. She left for some wierd reason IIRC. I read posts where they also charge more than MSRP on their Prii.

3. tumbleweed

tumbleweed Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Escalade_on_22s @ Jun 21 2006, 10:12 AM) [snapback]274715[/snapback]</div>
    Bryan try this, do a search of all forums for carson toyota. I just tried it and got 7 pages of topics.

4. cabillings

cabillings New Member

Theres a lady named Dianne that is the internet fleet sales person at Carson. She was selling the Tundra at MSRP a couple of years ago and sells the Prius for over MSRP. She's active in the Tundra Solutions forums. I don't like her style and will never give Carson Toyota any business because of her arrogant attitude.

5. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    According to some older threads I've read here about Carson Toyota, Dianne over there was pretty good to deal with a couple years back when she was selling the Priuses at MSRP. Now they're doing markups on them, and I've heard about a few people getting the runaround from them with regards to their deposit and Prius orders.

Here's one that I remember reading very clearly about one guy who had a terrible experience with them earlier this year.

6. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    I got my Prius at Carson last year at MSRP. It was done online with Dianne and her co-worker. It was quick and easy, but as I live in San Diego, I don't plan to go there for any service.

Some places will charge credit card before shipping, but others will wait until the part arrives. I suggest you try one more time to find out again about your part and then contact your credit card company.

7. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(aaf709 @ Jun 22 2006, 11:34 AM) [snapback]275366[/snapback]</div>
    It is commonplace for special orders, which this one seems to be.

8. Dibblenutt

Dibblenutt New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    By the looks of your posts, you're the one with the arrogant attitude, and I'm sure Carson Toyota is glad to avoid your business. Your posts badmouth dealership employees who most likely have decades of experience and work hard to please their customers. If you find these professionals to be so incompetent (and yourself to be so knowledgeable), why don't you imagine what it's like to be in their position when they have to bend over backwards to accommodate rude and, ultimately, ungrateful customers like yourself.

Quit being so SMUG!

9. shtinkypuppie

shtinkypuppie Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    I went to Carson Toyota to see about buying a Prius. Man, did they work me over. They had one guy be real nice and show me all the deals they could make and test drive the car with me, then he played me off on another guy that pulled every card in the book trying to cajole, guilt, ect. me into buying something I didn't want. They lied their asses off about the car, too, saying "A grey one will have a much higher resale value, everyone wants the grey one" AND "they're going to charge you so much more than we're offering for a red one, they're so in demand."

After insisting for two hours that no one had a red one and no one would give me anywhere near their price for one, I went to Manhattan Beach Toyota. They had a red one in exactly the package I wanted. They gave me exactly the price Carson offered.

Not exactly a classy outfit. Just check out their Better Business Bureau rating.

10. jelloslug

jelloslug It buffed right out!

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Hummm, I wonder where YOU work at.

11. KK6PD

KK6PD _ . _ . / _ _ . _

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Actually all you have to do is call the credit card company report that you ordered something, they charged your card 3 monthds ago and you still have not received your product. They will contact the company involved, and remove the charge until you get what you ordered.

Sellers cannot submit the charge until they deliver services!!

I have had this particular credit card scam happen several times and a phone call took care of the problem EVERY TIME!!!

73 de Pat KK6PD

P.S. LT Bryan "Donny" Rex, Thank You for your service!! Merry Christmas!

12. Rokeby

Rokeby Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Would that be in customer relations by any chance?

13. Dibblenutt

Dibblenutt New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Not exclusively. I deal with guests a lot though. The way I express my opinions online, however, does not reflect my demeanor when dealing with guests in person. Of course, I am polite and professional, but you can imagine the types of people I run into, which is why I responded to the post by "cabillings" the way I did. With family members in the automotive business, I know that the day to day dealings with customers are very similar to the ones I experience in the hospitality industry. You would not believe the things that people complain about, but each hotel guest, or dealership customer, expects everything to work out exactly the way he or she wants it to, even if his or her requests are outlandish and unrealistic.

People just want everything the way they want it, and if it isn't perfect, they want it for free! Then, they want to tell you how to do your job, when they have absolutely no experience whatsoever. I imagine their lack of experience and knowledge is far greater regarding the automotive industry.

You know, I don't necessarily mean to offend people with my post(s), but some people just don't understand what it's like to be on the receiving end of a situation where an employee goes out of his or her way to accommodate a guest or customer's needs and gets no thank you in return. There's nothing the employee can do but bite his or her lip and forget about it. So, excuse me for being so blunt.

14. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    And yet, upon joining Priuschat you dug up a 2 1/2 year old thread and chose to be snarky and smack down the OP. Interesting choice.

15. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    the service job is not a unique or special experience, and your claims that people just don't understand how horrible it is only shows your lack of life experience. customer service exists in all disciplines. customers can be cool or they can be nasty. sometimes it blows, sometimes it's fun. it happens to everyone who has a job. my advice is to get the #$(& over it and move on, because the childish namecalling is a waste of everyone's time.

and yes, i was in retail management for about 5 years myself, i do know well what i'm talking about.

16. Crabi

Crabi New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Does anyone have a Prius mechanic near LA? I need a once-over for my 05 before I drive it to the east coast, but the dealerships sound pretty sketchy service-wise.