1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

bad soundquality on bluetooth handsfree

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by madriani, Aug 3, 2005.

1. madriani

madriani New Member

I drive a 2004 Prius. I have tried (and managed) to connect my Qtek 2020 to the bluetooth handsfreeset.

I can now call and be called handsfree. The quality of the sound, however, is so poor that I can hardly hear what is said, and the caller can not understand me at all.

I stopped using the BT-system of the Prius, and now I use a JABRA BT-earpiece. That works like a charm.

Did anyone have the same problem with the Prius BT-set, and, more important, did anyone solve the problem?

Thx for your help! :)

2. popoff

popoff New Member

I find the sound quality, on both ends, can vary extensively from call to call. I've played, very cautiously, with some of the settings in the hidden menus but see no significant changes.

I think, for the best sound quality, the Bluetooth headset still is still the best bet. My Motorola V710 has a very good voice recognition system and when I combine it with my Bluetooth headset is totally hands free and safer to use.

3. KathyY

KathyY Member

I just replaced my SE T616 phone with the Motorola Razr. I was happy with the BT sound with the T616 most of the time but am very impressed with the Razr quality. It sounds a lot better--both with the BT and without. When my son calls me it still isn't as good as it should be but that must be him, not the phone.

4. wstander

wstander New Member

I have my Motorola e815 in the center console and find that the BT handsfree works very well. In fact, it is so quiet between voices that both parties think the other is offline! I did find that there are one or two areas that seem to cause interference as I approach the Naval Air Station, but that may be due to RF bathing the area.

Has anyone noted the so-called color change outlined in the manual? Mine just shows a pale blue arc over the 'BT'.