1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bad tint job??? Please advise.

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by Morgueman, Apr 30, 2013.

1. Morgueman

Morgueman Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    My wife's 2013 Prius Persona had Madico Wincos 30% installed on the rear-side windows and the large rear window. On the rear large window, she has an unexpected glare from headlights. It looks from the inside like a "laddering" of the lights due to the window defroster lines.

Do you have this from your tint job? I want to see if this is a common occurrence.

Whether you have this effect or not, please tell me the brand of tint you had applied. We have another 2013 Prius that we want to get tinted, and if this effect is brand-specific, we may be able to avoid this from happening again.

Thank you!
    Eric

2. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    This is normal until the water under the tint film dries. It can take several days to weeks to fully dry. You can speed up the process by parking in the sun.

Bullet Salvador likes this.
  3. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    The tint shop should have given you a FAQ sheet that tells you what to do in the days after the tint film is applied etc. At the very least, a good tint shop will go over the job after they've finished with you and answer any questions you may have.

4. 2k1Toaster

2k1Toaster Brand New Prius Batteries

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    And if they didn't tell you that, then you might also not know that you should NOT roll the back windows down. Any window that has been tinted should not be rolled down until completely dry. Last time I tinted a car, it took about 1.5 weeks in the summer heat before they were completely dry and I could actually roll the windows down again. This time of the year, it might take longer in the wrong climate.