1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bad weather helps Republicans on voting day

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by dragonfly, Nov 5, 2006.

1. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

"A new study of voter behavior confirms something political operatives have long suspected: rain hurts Democrats and helps Republicans. The study found that 1 inch of rain reduces overall turnout by slightly less than 1 percent and cuts the Democratic vote by 2.5 percentage points."

More

Pray to FSM for sunshine on Tuesday!

2. Jeannie

Jeannie Proud Prius Granny

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Well, the National Weather Forecast for my zip code says a '40% chance of rain' Tuesday during the day and a higher chance on Tuesday night, but only 'partly cloudy' Monday night. I've been planning all along to vote on my way TO work on Tuesday morning, and I'll probably be at the local polling place before it officially opens at 7 am. I DO own an umbrella, as well as several coats with hoods. The possible precipitation is between a tenth and a quarter of an inch.

The races for Senate and House of Representatives are close in the 7th district where I live - I'm voting Democratic.

3. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    A Santa Ana just moved in today. It's sunny, clear and warm. I suspect it will last through the elections; they usually do.

I'll be voting after work at the polls. Seems the County ran out of absentee ballots and had to photocopy them. They swear they'll count them all.

4. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dragonfly @ Nov 5 2006, 12:47 PM) [snapback]344194[/snapback]</div>
    Wow! He's real! This proves it. And in Germany no less, so he's not just a figment of daft American imagination.

5. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Check for your own local conditions and make your own election predictions:

http://www.weather.gov/forecasts/graphical...usWeek.php#tabs
    Just mouse over the times for Tuesday.

For here in California, it looks like rain on Tuesday for the Northwest portion of the state . . . very liberal and sparsely populated areas. Sunny conditions will prevail for the rest of the state.

Therefor . . . I predict Arnold will be reelected as the Governator and Feinstein as the senior Senator.

Really, the weather doesn't matter in either race, but sunny and 74 degrees sounds like nice walking to the poll weather to me. :)