1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bakooka Sub Woofer Added to 05

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by horseshoe52, Mar 20, 2005.

1. horseshoe52

horseshoe52 New Member

....... This is for a Non-JBL equip Prius.........

It appears that a poster with a JBL system purchased the harness and it did not fit as I described. I apologize if I unintentionally misinformed anyone. I am a novice an didn't think about other scenarios.
    http://www.priuschat.com/forums/bazooka-on...way-vt7552.html

I stand by the facts with my installation situation and the post below is correct, the harness listed below does match non-JBL systems.

(note: the picture in the LA Car article is not the PTS20-52040-WH harness. I think it is a 1761 as the article references.)

Had an amplified EL series Bazooka install in my 2005 Black Prius. Live in Southern California and went to the Circuit City in West Covina. They were featured in an article in LA Car.com ( http://www.lacar.com/modules.php?name=News...article&sid=392 ). I am particular and wanted someone with experience to do the work. I worked with a tech named Yogi who was extremely helpful. He suggested that I purchase and bring along Bazooka's optional 1761 interface harness, which I could not find. It appears to be discontinued.

After extensive research I found out that Toyota’s part department sells a harness for the Scion that works flawlessly.

Description: TMS8A-WH-S
    Part No.: PTS20-52040-WH
    Bazooka Wire Harness

No wire cutting or modifications needed. Harness “Y†connection simply plugs into stereo head unit and head unit existing plug is connect to the harness. The harness has a red and blue wire which must be swapped, again simply unplug one for the other. I don’t want to provide inaccurate data but I think it was remote wire that turns on the amplifier. Call Yogi for the details.

Car was disassembled and reassembled in about an hour’s time. No damage or problems, everything works as it did before the job. Final results were fine.

My installation is exactly like the photo in the article. I optioned for the straps to mount my unit because the Bazooka is simpler to remove if needed, without tools.

2. DanH

DanH New Member

Thanks so much for the input. The info about the harness will especially come in handy.

I am hoping to add that Bazooka too sometime after my Prius arrives. It sounds like it's quite a reasonable way to add some bass (not overkill) and improve the sound.

Did you get the harness from your local Toyota dealer? Also, was it the JBL system or the regular system you added the Bazooka to?

3. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Awesome find on the harness!! That should be a big help to many and might even be enought to get me thinking about adding a sub.

4. horseshoe52

horseshoe52 New Member

I ordered an recieved the harness from my local Toyota dealer.

Something I forgot to add, the harness provides the power source for the Bazooka's built in amp. No need to tap into any power source, it is powered from the radio itself.

5. Arroyo

Arroyo Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Re: Bazooka Subwoofer Added to 05

That's great news. BTW, do you have the JBL system or the standard Premium system?

More good news: 'Took the Bazooka-equipped Prius to the local Toyota dealer to get a defective CD player replaced under warranty. In order to get to the CD player, they had to disconnect and reconnect the modified 1761 harness. Result?: Even with the modified 1761 harness, no warranty problems encountered on the Bazooka-equipped car.

6. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

So, then the aux plug on the back of the radio provides controlled analog output?