1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bambi Bangs up my Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by TopJimmy5150, Jan 10, 2010.

1. TopJimmy5150

TopJimmy5150 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Well, I hit a little deer on the way home Friday evening. I drive like an old lady so the damage wasn't horrifying, but I'm sure it will be expensive and will easily pass my deductible. The Toyota badge/emblem is gone and the area around it (fascia, I think it's called) is banged up badly, and the hood has been pushed back about an inch and the passenger side gap between the fender and a-pillar is now overlapping. That sucked. For the record, Bambi flew off the road and ran off into the woods...

2. KK6PD

KK6PD _ . _ . / _ _ . _

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I hear Bambi Steaks are right tasty, oh well next time!!:eek:

3. Jim Clark

Jim Clark Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I like venison! You should have followed her into the woods. If there was that much damage to the car, she probably didn't last very long.

That would be a sight to see...a deer tied to the top of a Prius.

4. TopJimmy5150

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Got the estimate for the damage.

Almost $4000 in damage. They think they can fix the hood, but if not it will be closer to $5000. Ouch. Of course, I only pay the $500 deductible, but still it hurts to see those kinds of numbers on a car I've only had for 4 months.

Apparently something almost pierced the inverter cooler...several fins were bent, so they're replacing that, along with the front fascia, a headlight, and all of the necessary clips, etc., and of course painting it all. Bummer. :(

5. gail54

gail54 Gail

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Sorry to hear that happened to your new Prius. After having mine for 2 weeks an unknow hit my car probably in a parking lot......
    Did you take yours to a Toyota Dealer to be fixed or an independent? Good luck --
    Gail

6. Rae Vynn

Rae Vynn Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    This thread is worthless without pictures

7. TopJimmy5150

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Rae - It basically looks like the logo fell off and a large crack. It doesn't even show because the car is black.

Our dealer (Bobby Rahal) doesn't have a body shop, so I went to Progressive's collision center and they wrote up the estimate. They have some body shops they go to and it doesn't really matter to me. I think it's so expensive because they have to use genuine Toyota parts...there aren't a whole lot of 3rd party makers of 2010 Prius parts yet.