1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Banged the Undercarriage

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by satdaya, Sep 30, 2009.

1. satdaya

satdaya New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Last night I pulled out of a gas station and hopped a curb where I thought there was a driveway. I banged the undercarriage. I hit the curb going straight.

I drove home and checked under the car for spilt oil. I had plenty of oil in the engine.

I drove the car around the block a few times, and noticed a slight tilting towards the right (this might be explained by the roads tilting slightly to the right).

So my question is this: should I bring the car into be looked at? I want to distinguish paranoia from normal caution.

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Should be fine. We've dragged the Prius up the residential street with 4 ppl on board while scraping the underside on the solid block of ice that's in the middle of the street (Cause the city doesn't clear residential streets so we were left with tyre tracks only and the melting and freezing left the centre of the streets with a block of ice)