1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Barcelona Red, #3, 6/27/06, Wallingford CT

Discussion in 'Order Tracking' started by maknowlton, Jun 27, 2006.

1. maknowlton

maknowlton New Member

Date Ordered: 6/27/2006
    Dealer Ordered From: Toyota of Wallingford, CT
    Timeframe given for delivery: within 2 weeks
    Color: Barcelona Red (bisque interior)
    Option Package: 3
    Your # on Dealer's Waiting List: n/a

I'd been thinking of a Prius for a month or so... (as the $ to fill my 93 Dodge Caravan kept going up. :blink: ) So, Saturday I applied for a car loan at the credit union, got approved yesterday, and started calling dealers last night. The first 3 dealers waiting lists were 2-6 months, which is pretty much what I expected. I called Wallingford last, as they're a bit farther from where I live. The sales guy asked what packages I'd like (#1, 2 ,3 or 4 were fine with me). He put me on hold for a couple minutes, came back and said... "You want red or blue?"

Went down this morning to sign most of the paper work. My car 'hit the port in New Jersey' this morning, so he says I may have it as early as next week! I'm very happy, assuming it all works out okay. Barcelona Red or Silver Pine Mica were my two favorite colors going into this. Crossing my fingers... 2 or 3 weeks start to finish? That would be pretty nice. So, my signature might be premature, but Barcelona Red #3 here I come!

2. stanleyjohn

stanleyjohn New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Hello Mary Anna! I just bought my 2006 prius package 7 from wallingford about 2 weeks ago.I was on a waiting list with middletown toyota for about a month when just by chance while driving by wallingford toyota afterwork i saw 2 on the lot.One was availible due to a cancellation and i picked it up the next day.I dealt with a young kid named Duke!(very nice and professional.Nice extras like free oil changes for life!middletown didnt offer that.I got mine with pinstripes added by the dealer (nice touch).Finance guy wasnt pushy on the extras like extended warranty.He just explained them and gave the prices,and said i could let him know at a later date if i wanted any of them.Sales manager said wallingford was getting an above average alocation of the prius.I called around! most dealerships had waiting lists of 15 plus,I was around 13 at middletown with up to a 3 month wait.I went with middletown first because my last car (2002 toyota echo) was bought and serviced there.I think your going to love the prius!I know i do.Welcome to the club! hope the deal goes well with no problems.Keep in touch! Fellow Ct prius owner! Stan

3. stanleyjohn

stanleyjohn New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Opps! This was a copy of last reply! sent twice by misstake.Couldnt figure how to delete this one! Take Care

4. maknowlton

maknowlton New Member

Yep, I had an '86 toyota corolla, and I had good luck getting it serviced at Middletown toyota, so they were the first ones I called. (It helps that I live about 10 minutes from there). I think I lucked out... my sales guy (mike c.) said they received notice of their allotment of 6 cars Saturday morning, and sold 4 by the afternoon. I'm glad they still had some monday night B)

It was interesting though, there was a 'privacy form' that he wanted me to sign, saying any info they got from the credit agencies they wouldn't share with anyone. I looked at him and said - why would you need to have me sign this, as I already had money approved from my credit union? He then just flipped past the sheet and went to the next thing (and I agree, they don't push the extras too much, except for the pin stripe/scotch guard non-optional stuff.) I've heard of dealers running your credit without explicit permission, and its interesting that they would try that.

But so far, so good. And I'll wave the next time I'm in Haddam... I was at the Goodspeed Friday night. Good to know there's prii (would that be the plural?) in the area.

:D
    Mary Anna

5. AnOldHouse

AnOldHouse Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Hi Mary Anna,

Yes, another neighbor here welcoming you to the local club! The more the merrier, especially in all the different colors. I'll be keeping a sharp lookout for that beautiful Barcelona Red Prius on my commute cross the bridge and up through Haddam and Middletown to work in Harford.

And yes, since "Prius" is a latin word, it has pretty much been settled here that it's plural is "Prii."

6. Jeannie

Jeannie Proud Prius Granny

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(AnOldHouse @ Jun 28 2006, 05:36 PM) [snapback]278242[/snapback]</div>
    Well, I'm a neighbor in the tri-state area, NJ, about 50 miles from Times Square, where thare are cows behind the strip malls. Yes, welcome to the club, and be glad you got package 3 with the side air bags (I got t-boned in April in a '98 Cavalier convertible and lived to tell about it). And you'll absolutely love the Smart Key System!

Happy driving!

7. maknowlton

maknowlton New Member

Nifty, David... I too work in hartford - cross the bridge and up 91 four days a week. I'm in New Haven the fifth day, which'll be neat - no parking fees at the meters for hybrids. (granted, I usually park in the garage when I'm there, free from the firm, but the idea is nice, for weekends and such.) It'll sure be nice not having to fill my gas tank every 5 minutes. Yay!

And Jeannie... glad to hear the air bags did their job and you were able to walk away. And cows behind the strip malls? Well, not really any strip malls in my town, but I grew up on a dairy farm, so I know all about cows. :D

Oh boy, I can't wait until I actually have it....

--Mary Anna

8. maknowlton

maknowlton New Member

Well, I've been negligent in keeping you all up to date. I have good news.... I have my car!!! (and 975 miles on it already... yikes!)

But my title for the thread needs amending. I wound up not getting it in Wallingford, but rather Waterville, Maine. (oh, it's only four and a half hours from me... :D )

A bit of a story... my parents have been on vacation in Maine the last two weeks. Their first day up there, they called me and asked if I wanted to take delivery on a Barcelona Red, #3 the next day. For, get this, $1800 less than Wallingford (and sooner, much).

This dealer, Central Maine Toyota Scion, have the nicest people in the world. I picked up the car that next day, 7/1. They wouldn't take a deposit from me or my parents, and get this... They didn't have the check until last Saturday, 7/8. They just took my word that I'd bring them the money, let me drive off - and gave both me and my mom roses, to boot. (aw!) I can't recommend this dealer highly enough.

The best part is, I've converted my mom... She's ordering a Silver Pine Mica (or maybe seaside pearl) #8 from the same dealer. (and for anyone in New England, this dealer says they can order a car and have it in 4 to 6 weeks, even if its a package they don't usually receive in their allocation.) Very nice people, didn't try to sell me any add ons or other stuff you don't need. Oh, and free floor mats. (little touch, but nice. I'm paranoid about keeping my first new car clean. :rolleyes: )

So, I drove it all around where we were staying... went to Acadia National Park, and there were two prii at the beach where we had our picnic lunch. I'm seeing them everywhere now. Had a great trip home... rained the whole way, but the car, she was lovely...

9. AnOldHouse

AnOldHouse Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mary Anna @ Jul 14 2006, 09:19 PM) [snapback]286517[/snapback]</div>
    Wow! Congratulations Mary Anna! I saw a Barcelona Red just a few days ago on 82. I wonder?!?!

10. Jim1eye

Jim1eye Shaklee Ind Distributor

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mary Anna @ Jun 29 2006, 09:52 AM) [snapback]278541[/snapback]</div>
    Hmmm....I thought you had to be a New Haven resident to get the free parking. Pretty sure the ordinance says the vehicle must be registered in New Haven.

Anyone know for sure?

11. maknowlton

maknowlton New Member

Yeah, Jim, you're right... I just checked the municipal code. Has to be registered there. (Well, I guess its a good thing I can park free in the firm garage!)

I don't think I've been on 82 this week. 84 on tuesday, but its been mostly 91 since then.

I love my car... (I'm trying to think up excuses to drive today - maybe once I'm done vacuuming the house. <_< )