1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Barcelona Red, #4 or lower - NOT! Silver Pine Mica, #4

Discussion in 'Order Tracking' started by glenhead, Jun 6, 2006.

1. glenhead

glenhead New Member

Date Ordered: 2 June 06
    Dealer Ordered From (Incl. City/State): Classic Toyota, Round Rock, TX
    Timeframe given for delivery: 3-6 months (if specifically to my dream specs)
    Color: Barcelona Red preferred, but will probably take anything except black or white
    Option Package: 4 or lower
    Your # on Dealer's Waiting List: 30-ish

First post. The dealer said if we're willing to be flexible, we'll most likely get one sooner. He claimed that production on the Prius is slated to be cut back due to ramp-up on the hybrid Camry, so availability isn't what it was a month or so ago. Here in the People's Republic of Austin, the Prius has gained quite a following, apparently. Don't need the fancy stereo or nav package, so Package 4 would be ideal, but we'll consider anything under that. This will replace my wife's '02 Camaro, and will be a partner with my '05 Suburban.

$500 deposit

We'll see how long it takes. I'm finding that my instant-gratification gene doesn't like being stifled...

2. glenhead

glenhead New Member

Got a call from the dealership late last week, and they said they have one allocated for us - second-choice color, Silver Pine Mica, Package 4, and pretty much all of our gee-we'd-like-that options. ETD 20-24 July (!), and he'll have a VIN for us early next week. (!)

I won't hold my breath, I won't hold my breath, I won't hold my breath...

3. shochste

shochste New Member

I found this dealer very easy to work with. I ordered a Red pkg3 on Jan 6th ($500 deposit) and picked it up around March 6th....exactly as ordered. Enjoy!

(I could have taken one sooner, pkg 7 or pkg 8, from a dealer in College Station but I did not want to pay the extra for things I won't use)

Getting ready to take it in for the 5K maintenance tomorrow.

After I got it I had the windows tinted and a clear bra put on the car. Glad I did.

4. glenhead

glenhead New Member

Pumped? Us? Naaaahhh...

I got a call from Classic Toyota about twenty minutes ago - "it's been born", saith he.

Silver Pine Mica, package 4, HomeLink mirror, cargo net, floor mats, rear bumper protector. Second-choice color (by a smidgen - it was pretty much a toss-up between SPM and Barcelona Red), and exactly the options we wanted, no more. We'd talked about the door guards, but didn't consider them any more than a why-not. Anybody want to buy a cherry Maroon '02 Camaro with 30k miles?

Now, where did I save that checklist...

5. Jeannie

Jeannie Proud Prius Granny

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Congrats!