1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Barcelona Red, Pkg 4, 11/28/05, Raleigh, NC

Discussion in 'Order Tracking' started by priusblue, Dec 21, 2005.

1. priusblue

priusblue New Member

Date Ordered: 11/28/05
    Dealer Ordered From: Leith Toyota, Raleigh, NC
    Timeframe given for delivery: Jan/Feb '06
    Color: #1 Barcelona Red (or anything else except black or silver pine)
    Option Package: #4
    Your # on Dealer's Waiting List: approx #30

I placed my "order" about 3 weeks ago, and haven't heard anything. I'm planning to call in the 2nd week of Jan. if I haven't heard anything by then. My mother-in-law placed her order at the same dealership on 11/12/06, so hopefully that will help me have an idea of when to expect mine, too.

Talked to Toyota of Durham, but they were doing first-come-first-serve, and seem to have only higher-end packages and toyo guard. I felt better being on a list knowing that there would likely be an after 1/1/06 tax credit flurry of buying!

2. HokieHybrid

HokieHybrid New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Check this page for the differences in 2005 and 2006 models

2006 Info

Welcome to PriusChat

3. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    all right! another local owner-to-be. :)

we have a *very* loosely associated group of owners here called the Triangle Hybrid Club- check out our website. you're welcome to stop by any of the meetings.

http://trianglepriusclub.blogspot.com

4. priusblue

priusblue New Member

Thanks, guys! I've been "lurking" on the boards here for a while. I'm very excited about getting the Prius. My '95 Honda Accord has over 200,000 miles on it, and I've never had a new car - so this will be huge for me! I really do need to get over my "PAS", though. Reading the boards and such has really hurt my productivity!

5. priusblue

priusblue New Member

OMG!! :D The dealer just called a little while ago, and said they had received what I was looking for today! Except it doesn't have the add-on autodim mirror, but they're going to add it. So, I'm going to pick it up on Jan. 2nd! Barcelona Red '06, pkg #4! I had been watching that one on their website, but I never imagined it would be mine already! Time to go apply for some loans...

6. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Winters, CA: Prius capital of US. 30 miles W of S
    Good things happen when you post to PriusChat.

Don't pay over 5%.

Welcome!

Will save the congratulations for Jan 2, when many of us will be congratulating each other. That first 10 days in Jan. should be a hoot.

7. priusblue

priusblue New Member

It is amazing that the day I decided to post my order I got the call! Planning on paying MSRP only and hoping not to pay for the "splashguards" that I didn't want. I think you're right about the first week or so of Jan. It will be crazy!

8. galaxee

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    ooh, but around here i'd recommend the splashguards. the car will get very dirty very quickly without them.

how much are they charging you for them??

9. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Winters, CA: Prius capital of US. 30 miles W of S
    Yeah, I'd be buying them, anyway (through PC). How much?

10. priusblue

priusblue New Member

I think the splashgaurds list at $80 or so? If they make me pay for those, I'll go for free mats or something. Glad to hear the splashgaurds are useful, though!

I just realized that you meant 5% interest on the loan. The best I've found was 5.4% for a 5 yr. loan. I could get 5.1 for a 4 yr. loan but that's pushing me on the monthly payment. Anybody know of anywhere with lower than 5%?

11. galaxee

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    80 for splashguards?? yikes, we paid 30ish (list is about 40) and put em on ourselves. i bet the high price is for installation. it's not that hard, even for a non-tech.

i refinanced at 5.24 through AAA in october, 66 months. don't know how the rates have changed since then, though.

12. priusblue

priusblue New Member

I picked it up this morning! 5 miles on the odometer and everything went very smoothly at the dealer - I'm returning in a week to get the auto dim + homelink mirror installed! I'll post pictures later - we took a few, even though it was rainy here today. We took a little joyride in it already. The red is awesome - it will take me a while to get used to all the bells and whistles, but I really love it!

Thanks to all the info I received from this forum, it was very helpful in my decision to purchase a prius and the whole process of figuring out where to buy and everything!

13. priusblue

priusblue New Member

Here's a picture!

[attachmentid=1679]

14. cdavid

cdavid Member

I went from red to blue to super white. Now is red again. That is one gorgeous Prius!

15. priusblue

priusblue New Member

Yeah - the red is really nice - it looks slightly darker in person, it hasn't been sunny yet - but I'll take more pictures when it clears up. Seeing all the ones they were selling today lined up helped me see that the red was my favorite and that I had made the right choice for me!
    :D