1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Barcelona Red..Radiant Red?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by OUscarb, Dec 2, 2005.

1. OUscarb

OUscarb Member

I know some here have seen the Barcelona red in person, and described it pretty well. There are also some poor quality pics on Carson Toyota web site. Does anyone own a BR Prius yet? Is there anyone who can post some hi-res pics of the true color? I stoped by my local dealer, and they had the salsa of course, but also a Tacoma in the "Radiant Red" Is the Radiant Red close to the Barcelona?

Thanks for any help/pics

We ordered our 06 as Barcelona Red, and the wife is afraid it will be bright. So if we have to change color, we will have to wait longer again. :( I really hope BR is closer to the "Radiant Red", rather than a bright plain "Absolute Red".

Here is a Solara in "Absolute Red"
    Here is a Tacoma in "Radiant Red"

Attached Files:

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I think Radiant Red and Absolutely Red are in their own league. Barcelona, judging by the real-life pics posted elsewhere here is somewhere in between those two above and Salsa Red.

3. mcmurray

mcmurray Junior Member

From the chart on :http://fleet.toyota.com/html/documents/MY_...Color_Chart.pdf Barcelona Red appears darker and richer than either of the other two.

I am considering BR for my purchase here in Australia (what a decision!!).

4. windstrings

windstrings Certified Prius Breeder

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
  5. OUscarb

OUscarb Member

Here is a CMYK palette I made for the reds.

I hope this works

Attached Files:

• tc.jpg
      tc.jpg
      File size:
      18.6 KB
      Views:
  6. OUscarb

OUscarb Member

7. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Color is notoriously hard to communicate. The paint is made of many pigments, with metalic flakes and a clear coat top. The color of the light illuminating the paint changes how the color looks, as the pigments and metals absorb and reflect various wave lengths of light.

You're looking at a CRT screen that is putting out red green and blue light, or an LCD screen that is filtering out cyan, magenta, and yellow light, but it's very unlikely that what you're looking at is calibrated, so every one of us is seeing a different color of light coming from our screens.

Color from a screen is the addition of colors, color from a paint is the subtraction of colors. Completely different in how the eye perceives color.

That's where an external color reference can come in handy. The <a href=\'http://www.pantone.com/\' target=\'_blank\'>Pantone Corporation</a> has the Pantone Matching System (PMS) color reference which is used by graphics artists around the world ro communicate color.

Barcelona Red is almost PMS 484 with a touch more cyan and a little less black. The only way to really understand the color is to see the paint, but here's a comparison that can give you a very general idea. I included a pure black and pure white circle for reference. The JPEG and PDF are the same material.
    [attachmentid=1171]

8. windstrings

windstrings Certified Prius Breeder

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV

Here are a couple more I got off another thread...