1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Base model, how do I add sirius stiletto, no jack

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by winebuff, Jun 17, 2007.

1. winebuff

winebuff Proud owner of a 2010 Prius

Model:
    IV
    I bought a 07 Prius base model with no jack for ipod. I had a ipod jack installed (dice) professionally after market for $269 that runs through the prius radio. For $200 more, he said he could put a audio jack on it also but didnt want to pay $499. Now, I won a sirius stiletto 100 and need to know how to hook it up to a base 07 please? Do I need to see if I can switch out the ipod jack he installed and give him another $200 to put in dual jacks for the ipod and stiletto or is there another way to have a clear sound with it running through your radio. I wasnt sure if the car dock would work well. Any help would be great. I am a dumb girl when it comes to this :)

2. Army5339

Army5339 Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    What is wrong with unplugging the IPod when you want to listen to Sirius? An extra cord would cost $4.

3. winebuff

winebuff Proud owner of a 2010 Prius

Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Army5339 @ Jun 18 2007, 05:00 AM) [snapback]463887[/snapback]</div>
    It is a different plug. I dont have the male connector for the sirius. The plug that was installed is the pin connctor on the bottom of the ipod, not the single male plug.