1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Base versus Standard

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by marjo, Sep 30, 2007.

1. marjo

marjo New Member

I'm planning to buy my first hybrid, a Prius, and it would be either the Base style or the Standard. I researched it on CarsDirect.com and I saw that the Base is more than a thousand dollars higher (MSRP) than the Standard. Some of the difference is in availability of options, such as Vehicle Stability Control, but doesn't include the option. There's also mention os a Battery Rundown protection. Is that included on the Base model. I'm a little confused. Appreciate any informed feedback.
    Steve

2. luckyboy

luckyboy Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(401steve @ Sep 30 2007, 12:41 PM) [snapback]519484[/snapback]</div>
    I think you are confusing the base touring model versus the base standard model.

3. paprius4030

paprius4030 My first Prius

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    It seems in the northeast you can't get that cheaper model(remember Toyota Lowers Price on Prius :rolleyes: ). It seems the cheapest is the pkg#2, pretty much the same price as last years. Hey I just saw the Spectra Blue at a dealer today, looks pretty nice ^_^

4. jared.boone

jared.boone New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(401steve @ Sep 30 2007, 10:41 AM) [snapback]519484[/snapback]</div>

To answer your question...

"The Standard model does not come with equipment such as cruise control, upgraded wheel trim, heated outside mirrors, tonneau cover or rear seat pockets, and offers a lower entry price than in previous models."

"Standards cost about $1400 less than the Base and are unavailable with features such as cruise control and heated power mirrors."

Regards,
    Jared