1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

basic description of mods for Prii please!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by pvsteph7, Feb 9, 2008.

1. pvsteph7

pvsteph7 New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I just got my Prius (used 2005 fully loaded), and I'm wondering what modifications are available for it. I've gathered some terms (shark fin, mudflaps, etc), but it's a lot of work to search and find out exactly what they are (many of the threads are really detailed discussions about installation, etc that is beyond my scope right now). I guess I was just wondering if someone could give me a short description of the more common modifications, and maybe pros and cons.

Thanks!

2. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    mods for Prius

See that second link that says Prius Shop just to the right of Home? Click it and you'll see many of the most common mods. Now you don't have to buy from the PriusChat shop, though it does help support this great resource, there are many vendors, such as SigmaAutomotive, JapanParts, and specialty items like Zaino and 303 Products.

The very nature of mods are that they are personal choices you make to modify the factory vehicle into your personal car. The pros are that the car becomes yours, the cons are that most add little to resale value.

3. KTPhil

KTPhil Active Member

4. treehuggergeorge

treehuggergeorge New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Re: mods for Prius

Bill - first, thanks... your hundreds have posts have been very informative... question about Zaino... Do you use? I use Meguiars now, but I am looking for a less back breaking experience. Hurt my back when someone totalled my 07 Prius :mad: I would like the protection of wax. But ease of use like soap and water. Any thoughts or suggestions is much appreciated. Thanks in advance :)

5. TeamWenz

TeamWenz New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I have used Zaino on a S2000 I used to own. It's an all day process. The shine was awesome, but I would pay someone to do the work. Stick to Meguiars much easier to apply / remove. Their Quick Detail product is easy to use.

6. treehuggergeorge

treehuggergeorge New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    i appreciate the input... i will keep meguiars... will save me a ton of $$$ as i have most of their products already...